Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Has Ended

Such a shame they had to totally destroy firebirds - just like the GoD DH.

3 Likes

I think you were reading the portion about Conqueror and Stash tabs, in which for that chapter of the Seasonal Journey only requires 2 Conquests to be done, whereas Guardian still requires 3.

Got it. I was very excited there for a moment. Thanks.

2 Likes

i’d be interested in the general strategy for all of this from a dev’s point of view.

you give us 2 new builds for the PTR that would mos. def. have made things more interesting again on the live servers. both over-perform and iso of slightly nerving them you make them completely unviable and we have to play the same old sh…erm…stuff again?

maybe im missing smth here so please enlighten me: whats the point? its starting to look like you intentionally want to bring frustration to the d3 community.

18 Likes

I’m actually getting a bit irritated that there is a multitude of players all over the forums and other sites/discords literally questioning why Firebirds was nerfed down to approximately 10+% damage, and not one god damn person has come out with an answer.

MAYBE, just maybe, developers should start explaining their actions from what people test on the PTR. If you nerfed it that much, then why? What can you salvage from losing that much damage and removing that particular set out of viability for the next season?

Also, I understand what community managers are supposed to do, I’ve been in customer service/HR Personnel for multiple years, but if people are genuinely questioning the actions of the blizzard development team, how hard is it to make a post stating, “I will take these questions straight to the dev team and see what they say.” So that way at least the consumer base has some sense of importance in the outcome of this game.

I’m just not understanding what the hell happened.

25 Likes

FB needed a nerf, sure, but gutting its damage to 1/10 of its current value makes it borderline unplayable. At this point why even bothering reworking it?
I don’t even know why I get hyped about anything D3 related anymore.
Good luck and have fun to anyone that will play the season anyway.

18 Likes

I’m entirely sure at this point that Blizzard and their community managers are entirely disconnected from the community and the feedback provided.

I play rarely but over the years you convinced me and I would venture to guess many other people as well.Good Job.

As a finishing thought.Enjoy your memories of the great Blizzard pre 2010.

10 Likes

This is a good change, for a start, so thanks for that.

Can you also tell us if the dev team plans for more upgrades to Teleport in the future?

There definitely should be, as Teleport should not only be useful for Firebird builds and it still requires some improvements.

ty!

1 Like

Well was looking forward to firebirds and rathma… guess I’ll be maining Wastes again

2 Likes

If they can retroactively nerf Etched Sigil, then they can retroactively nerf every single legendary.

So theoretically there could be damage multiplier squish at one point or another, where damage buffs from set bonuses go down from 20.000% to 200% and damage buffs from legendaries go down from e.g. 800% to 80%.

2 Likes

See you in 3 month for another try of a “new” season.

-Hyper nerf to Firebird
-GoD still with the nerf
-The rest keeps the same or nerfed.
-A portrait and a pet to make us play a new season.

No thanks, try again in 3 months

9 Likes

Sad, no season bonus that will affect people playing with friends/ in groups at all to look forward to…

1 Like

The disconnect between the devs and the d3 community continues I see…

Literally all the community wants is to have fun. Let firebirds be op as hell, let rathma be invincible. Were only here to play new builds/fotm builds. Youre wasting everyone’s time reworking 2 sets then making them useless. Did it with typhon, almost did it with rend ww remake.

Please consider this simple request. Let the game be fun. Shake up the meta every season and just buff and nerf builds to force meta changes. Noone cares about class balance or set balance we just want to have fun and play new builds. Sigh

24 Likes

I was looking forward to play this season with new firebird set, too bad you had to nerf it to the ground so it is absolutely useless. Should re buff it or the patch is pretty usless.

8 Likes

No thanks.
Being OP is not fun.
If anything, Diablo 3 need more nerfs.

(note; i am not saying Firebird isnt nerfed too much)

5 Likes

That nerf to Firebird was way to much. Let us play something other than rats for group exp. Firebird is such a fun set. You guys did great with the re work but now no one wants to play it. Figure this out so ppl can have fun on a 9 year old game.

7 Likes

Quality drops are rare. Material needs are high. No fresh builds to play. Many many hours of dedicated D3 supporters time wasted on PTR. Just like the many hours needed to farm everything to get 1 good piece…maybe. But you can pay more for the new transmogs. Remeber the time it took for the bugs to get fixed when D3 came out…a year maybe? Why go to D4. Pay more money. Many Many people have weeks/months/years invested in D3. Most people playing are not 25yrs old an below. The Diablo team reflects a 20 something 1st management experience. Do a D3 expansion. New maps/transmogs/bounties/etc. Most all existing players would buy it. Probably bring older users back and generate new ones. I have ran multi-million dollar companies and you people continually run this beautiful product in the ground. The streamers will probably drop u too!

Meh… Was hyped to return after a year or so for FB try. Deleting again…

11 Likes

I love the follower revamp!
Hopefully this will be expanded upon.

Too bad so many nerfs incoming though. Especially firebird and GoD.

I like that there is no specific season only power thingy. Get the journey done and back to non season. :slight_smile:.

Still hoping for that 4th cube slot to become pernament. That is really a very nice addition!

1 Like

Speeding up Teleport and also adding it to Firebird is cool. But what do they expect us to do with our wizards now? Farming on T16? Yeah, very fun. I was happy with the revision and some nerfing was bound to happen, but this wrecking ball nerf is beyond ridiculous.

Well, being way OP is not fun in the long run, but getting mediocre crap after a long overdue update isn’t either.

7 Likes