Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Has Ended

Completely agree with you !

They rework Firebird not WD and not DH. We wanted something else than always meta Necro/crusader. The DH is still the best runner and the best farmer and the support DH is still in the meta. Why people are complaining about DH ? He’s now a single target and not a multi target. You have to remove striken and put bane of the trapped and he’s still very good in solo.

OK they nerf the WD but we have to accept that. They bring something else with the follower, with the Necro, with the Firebird… I think (no i’m sure) it will be a good season. I enjoy WD too but we can play something else, something new…

2 Likes

Thank you very much!
The CM did a great job together with Devs. Hopefully the devs can workout better communication channels regarding diablo3 adjustments, because the playerbase might be focused on d2r after its release. The devs would need a really great reworks, buff/nerfs to shake the meta for upcoming season to get players interested in joining back

Still curious to hear why we are changing this a few seasons in.
Is it because it’s a new dev team everytime and this time nobody cares and just rushed the bejesus out of this? I’m calling massive poor effort, not from community managers or anyone else but the devs and those in charge of the seniors in charge of them.

Good and balanced change for FB! Can Rathma get the same kind of love and bump it back up a bit? maybe change the 2pc to give pets more CD-reduction (0.75-1s again) on hit for AotD making it more spammable, or just some dmg % increase. Please dont leave this reworked set sitting in the dumpster!

Maybe that they should make all Blackthrone’s pieces have elemental affix, so people can use its piece in their build.

3 Likes

Great suggestion.
Add gloves and it is OK.

Blackthorne chest needs a preset 4th AS affix, similar to Tal Rasha chest piece. :wink:

4 Likes

Agree. Good suggestion.

the few of my friends and myself that actually play d3 all agreed to skip next season (and non-s.), because it’s pointless…no balance changes to our most beloved classes, no new items, no skillchanges, no seasontheme (that is interesting…and seasononly)

there was way too much time wasted on only a couple of changes back and forth, it would be much more effective to change/buff much more items/skills and only go over them once again + balance them the following season seeing more results - players would have more new stuff to play with

have no clue why some ppl see 2.7 as a big patch, disappointing

1 Like

Well, the follower revamp is basically the biggest and most interesting thing they have added since… the cube? Anything else in between worth mentioning?

It is not Friday yet, so time will tell, but S23 seems to be the first time I play Diablo 3 in quite a while.

So yeah, I hope future patches will be more like 2.7, than what came before.

That said, yeah, Blizzard should try to balance more skills. It is sad that all “balancing” happens through items.

4 Likes

it really pains me to say it but this new FB set is 100% broken and should not go live as is :frowning:

There is, as you said, another armor with attack speed. What about CDR on a chest? Can we make it interesting? Maybe Tyrael’s has a chance upon damaging a demon to lower cooldowns by 1 second? or just 10% flat CDR? Lots of items could simply be more interesting - Itemization was Diablo 3’s Achilles heel.

1 Like

This isn’t totally true. FB set is actually overall, in a good place in the S tier category. To be honest it looks like it’s 3rd on the list behind Sader and even possibly Bonespear necro still. It is a strong build, but it’s not even the strongest in the game. Other builds for T16 and speed GRs are still above it also.

Follower system, Leaderboards and teleport fix big core update i think, ty for this

Most interesting season if you bot or don’t have friends to play with

2 Likes

Yes finali solo players got a little help and now it seems proup players got all bitter about it. The game should benefit all not just group play so suck it up buttercups.

1 Like

It really pains me to tell you that you seem to be the only player thinking that :wink:

7 Likes

If you haven’t already guessed, he has little idea what he is talking about.

unfortunatly the new FB set is not just S tier, in theory for groups it is way way above that and maybe more. people thought bazooka wiz was op, but that required a lot of skill to play well (without macro’s anyways). there are a few key flaws that people are over looking with the new set, and this all boils down to a few key facts.

• how the set works.

• proc’s don’t proc.

• the mirror image does not do anyway damage, they just apply the fire proc.

• reverse arcon existed and was tested to work during ptr.

the set works just like a bomb. apply bomb by dotting target with disintergate. charge the primer with disintergate to build up stacks. use a non-channelling fire skill to watch it expolde. the thing is the bomb is still active until death so you just have to keep hitting the target with your non-channelling fire skills, the skill does not matter the damage is all coming from the proc.
so we get fire blades that hits really fast and proved to be a good source of damage. and then we got MI/DW version that you don’t even have to stop channelling so your always at max stack, and let the ladies work there magic. now the images don’t do any damage themselves there just appyling the non-channelling fire skill to the bomb. both ways look cool and i’m looking forward to playing it this season.

oh wait. we had reverse arcon a great build by the maxroll guys, it was all tried and tested to work during the ptr. and was gonna be the new speed meta, there are video’s about to see gameplay. one guy out of arcon making and priming the bombs, the other guy in arcon brings the detinator. like i said this was all tested to work.

from this information we can gather that while proc’s don’t proc, it would appear team mates do !!!

so let’s say i’m FB wizard in my group. the way this set works all i have to do is tag everything with disintergate to make my bombs. keep disintergate going to prime the bombs, and then let my UE/arsenal DH friends denotate them. they would techinally be double dipping from the damage bonus of 2 sets. heck you could prolly just go 3 zDH instead as the images proved. they don’t need to do damage, they just need to apply the non-channelling fire skill.

of course this is just theory, but it’s is based off 4 key facts.

do i wanna play FB this season, heck yeah. but the fact’s do point to it being a broken set.

2 Likes

Removing all the redundant information on your very long post, I trimmed it down to reasonable size. And if indeed it works like that, that’s a problem. It shouldn’t. The damage should all come from damage YOU, as the player, are applying. Mirror images shouldn’t even work. It’s possible it has been miscoded.

1 Like