Season 23, does it still exist?

usually by this point we have a start date. season 22 is definitely going to end but will season 23 start? they said they would change how seasons worked but i didnt expect it to be this severe. (lol) i guess we will just have to wait an extra week or two so we can find out.

thanks again everybody for all the hard work on the changes to followers.

S22 is not even over yet.

That is how it generally works. When they are ready they will tell us.

2 Likes

Obviously it does:

As for when season 23 will start, we likely won’t find out until the next patch launches like how it was with Season 22.

Some basic logic is only required. S22 ends on March 28th, that’s certain. Patch goes live most likely on the 30th and since there will be minimum of one week of pre-season testing, S23 will likely start on April 9th.

2 Likes

It looks like they are still working on a few things.

2 Likes

Around here, you might as well be asking for an arm & a leg…

3 Likes

usually before the season end we find out when the next season starts. the ptr ended over a week ago. by the end of season it will have been 3 weeks. i know they are slowing things down a lot but just seems to be like we should just go back to 6 month seasons. the devs want more time between seasons to work on whatever they are working on.

How many of the 22 seasons were 6 months?

more than one it happened a few times early on. when they were trying to figure out how long the player base wanted to make seasons. while still doing everything that needs to be done on their end.

Try again . . . . . . S1 was the only one close to 6ms.

This website which tracks seasons might help you.
https://d3resource.com/seasons/

The longest season was Season 1 at 159 days. 6 months is aprox 180 days.

The shortest was Season 2 at 52 days.

So no, there have been no 6 month D3 Seasons. You might be thinking of D2 which tends to have Ladders around 6 months.

2 Likes

This is something that always bugs me. If it isn’t ready for release on live, it shouldn’t be released. Supposedly, they internal test stuff, then they put it on PTR for widespread testing, they adjust their numbers and test it again on PTR, then they release on live for a week to test some more, then they release it live and test for a season, adjust some more then start testing all over again.

It is no fun being their live test dummy. I utterly hate having a build be fun, then get nerfed the next season, then buffed/nerfed again. If they are going to test, test. When they get it right, release it.

well i remembered wrong then. ill admit that but its still 5.3 months on average for the first season.

As stated already, the current season hasn’t ended yet. If it’s anything like the last season, we’re not going to find out the season start until around the time they post the updated patch notes, which is likely sometime next week.

1 Like

The mantra on the forum for some people is: “When does it start, when does it end. When does it start, when does it end.” Every PTR and every season, same old same old. “When does it start, when does it end.

2 Likes

And 5 minutes after season does start, they spam chat ‘Power level, please!’.

2 Likes
1 Like

The current method is not ideal but it’s still better than repeating the same fustercluck that they did when the WhirlRend build went live completely butchered and had to release several patches just prior to season launch to fix it.

Some people are posting season 23 is doomed to fail and others are posting that there’s no information on when the doomed season is going to launch. You would think people are anxious to play despite what so many think.

I’m glad, casuals have a long enough period of at least 2 months to start and finish a Season journey.
-Much better than catering for the speedy players that jump in and out of the game for a week or less to beat the Season and then vanish for months…

1 Like