Season 22 End? S23 Start?

I usually play each season but feel off the wagon this season and I feel like its too late for me to even start right now. I was gonna play with a buddy but I think we should just wait till season 23. Season 22 is almost over right? Any ideas when about season 23 will be appon us?

Thanks!

1 Like

Typically seasons last 3 months, however they have been running longer than normal with this pandemic going on. Blizzard will announce something when they’re ready. The first announcement you’ll see is “Season 22 ending soon”. You’ll see the announcements in the game launcher as well as this forum.

3 Likes

Actually, the first indication is the PTR that comes before the season ending notice.

8 Likes

True, the PTR might last two weeks, however it might stretch out longer depending on how much testing/tweaking is needed.

1 Like

Season of magic follower

Follower works as cube

4 Likes

Definitely not too late to start and this season has been so much fun. I strongly suggest you to get to it! Plenty of people will PL you if you want it. I PL people with zero paragon every day it seems and it takes like a half hour for them to get from lvl 1 to 70 with 300 paragon.

4 Likes

@OP, if you and your friend want to play, just play. It’s never too late to have fun.

As for S22 end date, Blizz has only hit the 3 month target once since S10 so don’t expect it to end in time, especially with covid still rampaging and blizzconline coming soon.

4 Likes

Can’t emphasize this enough that blizzard priority is the event. Although I do expect to only get d4 and immortal diablo content at the event. D3 has a chance of getting a ptr before the event in order to have servers available after for things like the 9.1 ptr for wow.

Although we are 2 months into a season so who knows :rofl:

Season 22 ended already since grift 150 was done in 2 minutes and someghing on 4 group.

2 Likes

That sounds like their season has ended. I haven’t done a 150 in under 3 minutes so my season continues.

5 Likes

I haven’t done a GR150 in over eight years…

9 Likes

Winter is here

I think it’s going to be a long season…

1 Like

I agree with Apache222 above.

This is just a guess, since that’s all any of us can do, but my bet is that we have another 4-6 weeks before season 23 starts at minimum. They haven’t even started the PTR for S23 yet, which would be a 1-2 week period. Then they’ll announce the end of this season 1-2 weeks before that happens, and then there will be a 1-2 week period of off-season before season 23 starts.

If you and your friend want to play some Diablo 3, jump on in.

season journey should take no more than a week…and that’s solo. A 2 man should do it much faster. not much point in pushing the LBs now though imho. Just play for the seasonal rewards and fun.

Too late to do what exactly? What are your goals? If its like completing the season journey then no its not too late, some players can literally finish the season journey in less than 24 hours. In any case im sure there is enough time left in S22 for you and your friend to expereience and have fun with. I’m predicting that S22 will last about another month and a half, and S23 should start about 2 weeks after.

I’m predicting that Season 22 will end on February 30th.

Yes, this was humour, not me failing to understand the number of days in February

3 Likes

As pointed out already, the arrival of PTR will be the first indicator of season ending soon(ish). It will last minimum of two weeks and possibly longer if necessary.

Of course someone might ask will there even be PTR? Considering many previous seasons have preceded with PTR, S23 will too. Besides, there’s still so much balancing needed for many, many builds.

1 Like

Agreed, until we see some notification for the ptr launch; it’s safe to assume that the current season won’t be ending anytime soon. The only exception to this would probably be if our next update/season would have 0 balance changes and no new seasonal theme.

To be honest, no balance changes or new theme would make very little sense. Blizzard set itself a balancing goal and the overall balance is still very far away from that. At this point people expect some more balance changes or something new every season, even if it happens very gradually.

Remember the long gap between patches 2.6.1 and 2.6.4? The game was out of balance in 2.6.1 and started feel stale. Many, myself included, started to believe that the game was in its final state. Then patch 2.6.4 arrived out of nowhere and there’s been another patch for every season since.

Of course. I was only saying that a lack of new balance changes and/or new seasonal theme would likely be the reason for the lack of a ptr, if that were to ever happen (it’s unlikely atm).