Season 21 - Trials of Tempests is NOW LIVE!

Well, on EU we didn’t get a new Era, as non-seasonal is still 2020-1.

I noticed that the new sets are appearing in the 2020-1 Era. If WD and Sader received a nerf, the Era should be reset.

I’m a little confused…

1 Like

I personally believe that recycled cosmetics should be given to those who complete Guardian, and new ones to the base of the Journey 4; so you attract and do not lose casual players, usually competitive players does not care about the journey track and focus in the rift ladder

1 Like

Thanks for the ERA info. I am with you that it should have reset based on the changes, but maybe they have data that shows new sets won’t totally change the playing field? Or maybe they changed philosophy?

I don’t know. I asked, but they have almost no staff at this point and it is going to take a long time to get people up to speed.

It doesn’t even need the new sets. I spent almost 500 reforges getting a shiny new Holy Point Shot for my Impale DH and proceeded to increase my GR clearance on the era board to GR122 tonight and been a few seconds away from a GR123. Previous to that, the highest I’d done on an Impale was a GR119. So, with an improved HPS that has an extra 75-100% Impale damage, how is it fair to compete with leaderboard records that were done with the pre-2.6.9 version?

1 Like

Is 119 to 123 within the range they think is critical to reset boards? You know high end much better than I do. I thought era reset was when it went out of a certain GR range.

No, era shouldn't be reset.

1. There was no info about it and many NS players didn’t push to clear higher.
  2. There are just 2/7 classes that were nerfed.
  3. Blizzard need test new sets before finishing current era to know how to balance all sets in big patch 2.7.0.

I disagree imo play ns is pointless if there is no era reset since nerfs affect also 2, 3 and 4 man clears

4 Likes

Each GR level increases mob HP by 17%, so a 4-5 GR level increase represents a doubling of mob HP. So, being able to clear a GR123 instead of a GR119 means that my effective damage has been doubled. I’d think that’s significant enough. The clear took my rank from roughly 600 (with the GR119) to rank 200 (with the GR122). A 400 rank increase purely because of a quiver change.

1 Like

I completely agree.
Solo WD should fall by 7-8 levels. How to compete with those who closed 150 solo during 2.6.8?

5 Likes

Leaderboards were changed after new patch.
Too late to cry :sunglasses:

July 3rd… What the fresh hell is that?
PoE season started already, Path of Diablo season started already, Diablo 3… with biggest amount of money to use as a developer team most likely from all those three mentioned…Starts their season July 3rd, late as fudge. What did I expect from Blizzard.
They are too busy working on Diablo 4 cashgrab so they are slowing down Diablo 3 progress… No wait , what progress? Diablo 3 has no progress.
Most likely one of the very last seasons I tend to touch this game.

Reset is a must if you are doing nerfs.

Half of the current leaderboards are completely useless right now (5/10: crus, wd, 2-3-4P). You just cannot beat highest rankings with nerfed items.
But at same time dh and necro boards are getting owned by new builds and when you will close era these “1day ez” records will dominate over previous 3month pushes.

D3 team makes same mistakes again and again. And most of us not even surprised.

4 Likes

Nobody focus for command meta (2p, 3p, 4p). Command records are useless because of they just show how high and how fast different groups run to get high gems and augments.
Top 20/30/50 still free to compete for WD and Crusader.
Radar didn’t broadcast that current era will be reset. His communication with community was very open and clear.
There is the real problem that should be resolved before this era reset and we get rebalance patch. This problems is Flavor of time. This amulet is not legit and should be removed. Noone self respected player will use it for push to make his clear easier. Soon I will start to write petition against this amulet to remove it from this game and dont get affected by this in the future.

Starting it on July 3rd does guarantee a lot of us Saturday off but the actual Friday will be hard for most off us to get off. I recall back in season 6 at the blizcon before the start of the season Wyatt promised that we would get a 1 month notice before the start off a season as well as the end of one. At minimum we get a 1 week notice and I have never seen more than 2 and a half week notice before. Do your promises mean nothing anymore?

Hi all - Sorry been a bit slammed this week with all the Diablo beats this week with S21 Preview, Patch and D4.

RE: Eras
Currently we aren’t planning to reset eras for this go around but are planning it for the next season as there will be some overall balance updates to numerous sets.

7 Likes

I wonder if it makes sense to reconsider given the fact that it will be hard for witch doctors and crusaders to “compete” with their pre-patch 2.6.9 clears due to their nerfs. This also has implications for the multiplayer leaderboards.

1 Like

It’s too late now. Not only are heroes of the nerfed classes unable to compete with their pre-2.6.9 counterparts, we’ve also got new leaderboard placings with the new sets / items that came with the patch. Hell, on patch day I went up around 400 ranks on the solo DH board purely because of a new HPS. Clearly any Impale DH with the new quiver has a massive advantage over an Impale DH with the old one. It makes zero sense that they’d be in the same era and competing for the same placement.

1 Like

The real question though is are we getting anything special for the 29th? :wink:

1 Like

Eras are 6-12 months. They don’t make new a new era every season.