Season 21 - Trials of Tempests is NOW LIVE!

8x1.45

It’s not multiplying your damage by 45.

As Negator has mentioned, it would be 8*1.45 for the multiplicative, and additive Maltorius’ would be 8+0, as no one would intentionally pair Bone spear skill damage on gear if it’s additive.

11.6/8 is, you guessed it = 1.45

• log(1.45, 1.17) = 2.366590347 GRs

However, I’d think most players, especially at lower paragons would opt for VIT instead of skill% on either helm or source, as the toughness there would be nice too. In that case:

• log(1.3, 1.17) = 1.671070063 GRs

So, at least ~1.67 GRs increase, but up to ~2.36 GRs increase.

It’s large enough to be noticeable, small enough to not change much of anything, especially when considering the toughness trade-off.

I have to say, I’m a bit more excited for gearing with Masquerade. It still likely needs more damage, but at least this is a good start. —I think I’m still in shock from the last minute Hydra nerfs after 2.6.8 PTR.

I’m excited for next season though! Thanks to PezRadar for providing the info.

2 Likes

Also regardless of how bad (or good) you are at PEMDAS, multiplicative or not there is no saving how absolutely awful the new necro set is.

Enjoy your day!

This one interests me a lot. Depending what time the patch is tomorrow, I can sneak on just after patching and snag a screenshot of a high ranking clearance with a comparatively low GR level, just for the lols.

1 Like

Yeah, I see. I’m not sure why I was compartmentalizing D3 math to be its own thing with its own formulae. Makes sense now.

No, not impossible for solo, but definitely a fair bit harder than with a group. If you haven’t done it before, it usually takes some practice before you are able to reliably solo it.

Also, necro definitely isn’t the easiest class to solo it on. Monk (Raiment 4p, lots of RCR, CDR, and spirit regen for infinite dash) is by far the easiest if you want to knock it out solo.

(source: I’ve soloed it on all 7 classes)

2 Likes

TVM for the advice.
I was told the BOSSES is practically impossible solo, but as I said, managed countless times with Inarius under 16 min (it IS the build with by far the greatest constant MS of 440%), so concluded it is the best for this conquest, too. However, no matter how easy it is on T10, you still have to fast kill bosses, while here you can go on Normal completely disregarding mobs most of the time, so obviously my conclusion was wrong. Inarius was 12 min overdue in my best attempt, so I quitted.

Are you kidding? 3 easy conquests: 45 solo without set items, 350 monsters chest, T10 in 2mn… piece of cake this season!

2 Likes

Was my thought at first, too, but then I remembered this season when started with Barb. You wouldn’t think that even with WW 350 mobs are pain in the ***. All those seasons used DH so was trivial, but it is not so for many other classes.

Those are the ones I do too. Especially since I play Solo these days. (And you don’t have to create a second Seasonal Character).

1 Like

Yes is easier with DH, especially the 350 monsters…

I am always happy when gift is Shadow.
Jump on T10 within very few hours of the beginning of season.

It seems that a lot of folks are disappointed about various things this season, and I do understand the frustration. I’m by no means a Blizzard apologist here, but I do feel compelled to point out that these seasons are free to play. I think we should feel lucky to have unpaid updates to the game that’s over 8 years old, also the fact that there’s no micro-transactions to offset the dev and/or devs working to bring us these seasons. Am I the only one that feels this way?

11 Likes

I’d personally prefer 7 more character slots so I can make the new sets on fresh characters and not mess up my current armoury set ups.

But 2 more stash tabs would be appreciated none the less. I haven’t gotten a single new set on this account yet due to both having to not having space and messing up my armoury profiles.

2 Likes

That’s great about the quick turnaround. I was kind of expecting a longer than usual gap due to the virus so I’m glad to hear I guessed wrong.

2 Likes

This season is very easy, if you do not already have them all, now is your chance to get a stash tab.

1 Like

Whilst true, they haven’t quite hit the mark on a lot of updates for a while and now we have another set per class to take up storage space so it kind of begs the question… “Would it have been better for them to have delivered content in another way for now and design the new sets better before deploying?”

For most part, the sets just focus on a single DPS skill which is very limiting design for starters. Lets look at what we got:

• Crusader: What was originally touted as a FotH set ended up being a HF set as that was the better damage dealer. Both these skills could have had their support legs balanced to work with Akkhans and players would have been happy. The set really doesn’t bring anything new except for giving these skills acceptable damage multipliers

• Monk: We had a TR set with Sunwuko. All it needed was some buffs to TR and add SW to the damage buff of the 6pc. Maybe some spirit regen (say on the Sunwuko belt?) would have been good. Again, this could have been achieve via legendaries and changes to existing sets.

• Wizard: Yeah, I played this set and whilst nice, I really wish they had playtested this thing properly. The gameplay revolves around channeling again… it really needed support legs to move the gameplay away from channeling… I’d have gone Hydras with signature spells.

• WD: Spirit Barrage is great… but it’s a bit perplexing why this set was needed with SB doing relatively well as a LON/LOD set up… would have only required a few legendary buffs.

• Barb: Frenzy is nice but this set could have easily been a primary skills set with added support for Ancient Spear (to make a WT/BT build viable), Overpower and Revenge.

• DH: Many players wanted an EA, Chakram, Strafe or Traps set. They really didn’t get any of these. Strafe is only used as a vehicle for mobility and activating DR. This is a primary skills set first and foremost and it looks a bit boring. I’ll spend S21 playing it to get a better feel but I don’t see this uprooting MS UE as my go to DH build.

• Necro: The simulacrum mechanics are very interesting and lays the foundation for quite a lot of possibilities. Said possibilities were dashed when the set only supports Bone Spear for damage. Sorely needed to support more damage skills especially since we already had a bone spear set.

4 Likes

Extremely disappointed in this very light patch. I really hope that when D4 releases it isn’t held back by console versions like D3 is.

Please buff Kridershot in the next patch, it’s been years where the coolest DH ability (Elemental Arrow) has not been viable.

4 Likes

I am so grateful that “Seasonal theme should no longer work in Set Dungeons.” was in the changes! In S20 I mastered the DH’s UE dungeon on the very first attempt. In the 21PTR I couldn’t even finish it due to the seasonal theme, and I tried repeatedly.