Season 21 theme, no option to disable screen changes

There is currently no way to disable the current theme screen effect changes which is a bug. I can appreciate the need to do something new and cool, but it is very disorienting for me and im sure a few others. There should be a way to disable the effects, the automatic dimming or color changes, the addition of rain and snow, none of these should be forced, especially when its happening many times during one rift.

4 Likes

Yea, I couldn’t care less about the theme effects, but the constant screen darkening is terrible. It strains my eyes to the point of the game being unplayable after 1-2 hours. This needs to be removed ASAP.

6 Likes

Blizzard does not take suggestions from the Bug report forum, and this is not a bug since it was intentionally put into the game.

You should post in the general forums where the Community Managers will see your suggestion.

2 Likes

I beg to differ the seasonal buff is nothing else but a bug.

Maybe look up the word bug as it relates to software then explain?

It was designed, written, and tested publicly. Feedback was given and ignored, then it was released with no changes.

How is this an “an unexpected defect, fault, flaw, or imperfection”, as taken from the dictionary. I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word “bug”.

1 Like

…sigh*…I know it’s not a bug…I was getting a point across. A flimsy point no doubt, but a point none the less Captain Literal.

As stated above,

Anything you write here is wasted because the correct team will not see it.

I’m sorry for giving the D3 team the benefit of the doubt. I assumed they were not stupid enough as to design an effect that made it so you couldn’t see what was going on on the screen and give people epileptic fits, and that it was therefore a bug. I stand corrected @VitaKaninen.

2 Likes

Actually, it was tested on the PTR, we told them about bugs in it (e.g. GR150s being done solo by support Barbs), they pushed an updated PTR build to the server (which didn’t include a fix for the theme), closed the PTR and pushed a completely new implementation of the theme to live.

Heck, the patch notes for Season 21 even mention a number of fixes to the season theme, one of which is that the theme shouldn’t proc inside set dungeons. Except that it does. And the theme’s still exploitable, just in a different way, because they pushed something to live that was never player tested.

Anyway, this is Bug Report, and what’s being reported isn’t a bug, it’s a design change request. Maybe when, or indeed if, Blizzard fix the issue that allows the theme to be exploited, they could also give an option to disable the thing.

I meant specifically regarding the OP’s complaint, not that there were no changes made at all, or that they did not listen to feedback at all.

I didn’t think I needed to specify, since if they did not plan to take feedback or make changes, they would not have a PTR at all.