Season 20 - Route Planning

Hey Guys! With Season 20 only a few days away, I thought I would ask for help / advice for gear route planning. This way I can keep my inventory clean as I have a dedicated list of gear to set aside and cube / salvage everything else.

Last season I got hooked on the Crusader - and I’m finding that a lot of the optimal builds aren’t exactly hardcore friendly (I’m looking at you Thorns Invoker and most other “Farming Builds”. So I thought I would ask for advice about what kind of progression and which builds to use for hardcore.

I also want to open it up so that you can post your own route planning here so other people new to the harcore season can get an idea of how to alter their gameplay and plans for what they want to do.

So here is my current plan:

1. Create New Seasonal Hardcore character before step 1.
  2. Challenge Rift - with cache out on the new HC seasonal toon.
  3. Crusader! - Standard season start (YouTube 1-70 seasonal power leveling if your not familiar).
  4. Stockpile all Rollands Sweep Gear, and LOD Phalanx Build.
  5. Use Roland’s to get past the GR 70 hump, level LOD for a 2nd Crusader farming toon (Phalanx). Phalanx Crusader will be used for gear recovery and community power leveling - should the primary GR pusher die unexpectedly.
  • Now this is where I am going to need help on. Roland’s can safely farm up to GR 80 or so solo, but it’s a slowboat. And the phalanx build can speed farm rift keys and power levels for friends and associates, but is capped at torment IX or so.

What GR pushing builds are hardcore friendly, and what should I look into for Bounty / Breath farming?

Just a note…

Make your toon BEFORE you complete the Challenge Rift.

Not sure if you need to actually start a game with the new seasonal toon, but I do just in case, then log out again.

If you complete the CR before you make your seasonal guy, you won’t be able to grab the CR cache in the season.

1 Like

Thanks, edited mah post in case any other noobs are watching. ^.^

No prob!

Needless to say… I found this out the hard way a little while back. :sweat_smile:

I only play solo and and a very casual player. I like Crusader AoV FoH Speed build over Rolands into mid GR90s. I safely ran around doing GR80+ 3mins solo and T16 farming on HC. Using pony for the damage buff and also to get out of danger.

Haven’t played crusader in a long while, meaning 2 or 3 seasons ago but I have very fond memories of akhan condemn with cc and aughilds. It’s decently tanky to start out and speedy if you enjoy the elite hunter theme. That being said, altho I havent played it aov might be better, especially with the season theme

That’s pretty much like mine, but with a few small changes.

1. make a barb
  2. make a new barb b/c I forgot to make the first one hardcore
  3. make a new new barb b/c I forgot to make the 2nd one seasonal hardcore
  4. load up on barb gear, esp daggers
  5. profit!