Journey: Guardian (Completed)

The skills for the mouse/keyboard…

Rend (Bloodbath) - Don’t need to click!
Whirlwind (Blood Funnel)
Ignore Pain (Bravado)
Overpower (Crushing Advance)
Threatening Shout (Demoralize)
Wrath of the Berserker (Striding Giant)

Passive skills that don’t require any clicking…

Nerves of Steel
Weapons Master
Superstition
Boon of Bul-Kathos

Kanai’s Cube with seasonal buff…

Mantle of Channeling
Pride of Cassius
Leoric’s Crown

A little different to the usual screenshots I make. Click and watch the video below to see some solo action in Season 20: Greater Rift 83.
Video on YouTube: S20 D3 HC Barbarian Guardian GR83

We haven’t found all the standard gear we want, but this is what we worked with…

Wrath of the Wastes
Convention of Elements
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
Overwhelming Desire (optional amulet)
Nemesis Bracers
Lamentation
Ambo’s Pride
In-Geom

Prefer to use Bul-Kathos’s Oath weapons set, but haven’t found Bul-Kathos’s Solemn Vow yet. This will help us free the Weapons Master passive skill. Add Fury from Paragon points because long fights may not be favourable for us.

The Legendary Gems…

Esoteric Alteration (mostly for survival)
Bane of the Stricken (for Rift Guardian)
Gogok of Swiftness (for cooldown)

The two most important stats or enchanting is Cooldown to Skills and Critical Hit Chance. Improving for damage can wait because we don’t need to go beyond Greater Rift 79-80 to complete the seasonal journey. Running regular rifts and bounties will get you some crafting materials. My weapons do not have sockets yet. Most class sets can breeze through Torment 6.

Completing the Worlds Apart conquest would be best to have run speed.

1. Ignore Pain (Bravado)
  2. Warzechian Armguards
  3. Chilanik’s Chain with War Cry
  4. Reche’s Ring of Larceny with Threatening Shout (Terrify)

Good luck!

Sherwin is a name I remember from when I was active in these forums years and years ago! Cool to see someone from old times still kickin’ around. Looks like things have slowed quite a bit on the forums since then?

I’ve just started up a new seasonal barb - I might give this build a whirl once he gets older. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve progressed further into the game. Still looking for an 8% cooldown Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Takes less than a day to breeze through the game once we have the basic setup. Hopefully we don’t end up dying because starting from scratch without a backup is heartbreaking.

Already have another video uploaded today. Link below:
S20 GR85 Under 5 minutes Whirlwind Barbarian

Edit: Having trouble logging in right now. Will add a few extra notes while I wait or do something else.

The Legendary Gems have or have not changed, but the 3 I prefer to use:

1. Bane of the Stricken
  2. Esoteric Alteration
  3. Gogok of Swiftness

I’m still in favour of getting 57.91% cooldown to skills. This allows us to keep Ignore Pain (Bravado) and Wrath of the Berserker active most of the time. We also want to find a 6 Second Pride of Cassius or Cube it as an alternative.

Having 16 Pickup Radius is much more fun. We don’t want to spin around more than we have to because it wastes time just to pick up Globes.

Don’t forget to Cube or wear Ambo’s Pride. This is the money maker or damage dealer these days. Lamentation speeds this up more.

Passive Skills are a bit flexible. The two that are practically mandatory are:

1. Nerves of Steel (because it’s Hardcore)
  2. Boon of Bul-Kathos (run speed and damage reduction from Striding Giant)

Bul-Kathos’s Oath is the fix it all when it comes to Fury. Don’t really need Area Damage. We either want the main stats Strength and Vitality or Life per Hit is also an option. Life per Hit helps when our Maximum Life and Critical Hit Chance is low.

Get the latest Tweets on Twitter @sherwinjtb
Latest: SherwinJTB on Twitter

Watch the Speed Marathon from GR35 to GR85: S20 1st Week GR80 Speed WW Barb

Under 2 minute runs: S20 HC WW Barb GR75 and GR80 Speed