Season 20 best solo class

So far you got Raxxanterax having spirit barrage WD as #1 solo

That’s what I focused on in PTR (WD is my default class, anyways). New set has potential but it is squishy as H**l. Lot of fun, but gotta be on your toes with it. Hopefully they buff it’s toughness a bit before season starts.

1 Like

I been watching what the various YouTube D3 authors have been focusing on, and the new WD set seems to have lots of examples before the final notes/patch. Below is a brand new video tonight.

I only had a limited time to tinker with it after focusing on the new frenzy barb build and the hydra wiz build mostly. Still from a build a bit more challenging for casual players, because you must manage maintaining defense, it’s graphic effects/skills made for a very entertaining play style. Just before the PTR closed after the 2nd 2,6.8 PTR patch I saw a paragon 2500 do a GR 135 solo, which was higher then the barb, or wiz did.

Mundunugu is a bit squishy but on the lower GRs, roughly up to GR100 you should have very little risk of dying. On higher GRs the glassyness can become an issue.

I certainly had fun with it on the PTR and currently I am planning on playing WD in S20.

2 Likes

Biggest problem I was having with it was Spirit Barrage/Manitou killing things before I could get in range to apply Soul Harvest :unamused: Would be nice if Soul Harvest could be reworked to be cast at a distance…

3 Likes

Necromancer

So many viable builds this season

Necro will do great in group this season, but for solo I prefer to take a Barb…

1 Like

LoD Hydra Wizard will be capable of fairly high solo GR’s as well, and have a much easier time staying alive than other classes. Not the fastest runner though.

Witch Doctor cleared pretty high on PTR solo. 140+

In America region, solo, seasonal PTR closed with someone at 135 GR with approx 2500 paragons. :slightly_smiling_face:

Didn’t record it for anything outside that such as non-seasonal, group for this region.

Per Mnemonic the LoD hydra wiz clearly overpowers the new set unless Blizzard tweaks it better, shame. :slightly_smiling_face:

How is the sader feeling after the AoV nerf? I was planning to try one but if it’s been nerfed into oblivion, I might reconsider…

Agreed for solo xp farm levels, GR 100-110, I had very little trouble surviving. 120+ is where I personally had to start dodging. WD is definitely a valid choice if you enjoy the playstyle.

They are out…

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23319442/season-20-begins-313-2-28-2020

The day before the PTR closed for season solo America’s I recorded these values when comparing them all. WD closed at 135 mentioned earlier.

• Barb does 130 with 2.6.8 set (2452 paragons)
  • Crusader does 133 with 2.6.7 set (2968 paragons)
  • DH uses LoD RF to achieve 120 (2491 paragons)
  • Monk does 128 with 2.6.7 set (2843 paragons)
  • Necro uses LoD to achieve 122 (1775 paragons)
  • WD does 134 with 2.6.8 set. (1990 paragons)
  • Wiz uses LoD to achieve 133 (2586 paragons

Obviously some weren’t pushing for long, just use this to back up any assumptions on value of new sets or alternatives.

1 Like

Well they nerfed the Serpent’s Sparker and Magistrate helm for hydra wiz, and boosted damage for each hydra head slightly. Overall its considered too much nerfing. (protesting started)

Wizard

• New Class Set: The Typhon’s Veil
    • 2-Piece Bonus: Double the duration of Hydras and increase the number of heads on multi-headed Hydras by two.
    • 4-Piece Bonus: Damage taken is reduced by 8% for each Hydra head alive as long as there is one available. Each time you take damage, a Hydra heads dies. Heads cannot die more than once every 2 seconds
    • 6-Piece Bonus: Hydras deal 1200% 1300% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
      • Developer’s Note: We’ve continued to tilt more of the power for Hydra in favor of the 6-piece set bonus and away from the supplemental Legendary items.
  • Serpent’s Sparker
    • You may have one extra Hydra active at a time and they deal 450-600% 250-300% increased damage.
  • The Magistrate
    • Frost Hydra Your Hydras now periodically cast Frost Nova and deal 450-600% 250-300% increased damage.

The 2nd PTR patch had the two items at 350 - 450% and hydra head at 1200% for reference

1 Like

Math wise this is around 40% damage loss in Typhon’s Veil set in comparison to what PTR outcome.

The bug in the 4p which was not working as intended in PTR. I did not see if they fixed that or not.

Hope a fix / rework … would be implemented before S20 goes live on 13th of march.

If things went as they are now, I dunno who is going to play The Typhon’s Veil set in S20.

1 Like

I’m happy for people who like WD, but I’ll still just run a Barb and a Crusader as usual. Prob run with the new set for Barb, and build a Blessed shield Sader this time around.

Blessed shield has its charm as well as quirks. I did a LoN build in s18 with a primal Gyrfalcon Foote. Its just not that much useful with solo rift guardians in higher GR’s unless you augment a lot. The new frenzy build I played on the PTR kinda reminds me of what a barb would be like if one of its parents was a Shadow Hunter, think fast movement all over the place.

This recent D3 news video has one running during several minutes just to show how that works.

Compared to WW farmers, this is just crazy mobility. Just need to build a good one. :wink:

1 Like

Hard to tell now both builds i was going to play got nerfed. LOD wiz and new wd set. wiz lod prob wont be any better than vrys. Have to see about wd they changed they way its damage is on set
. Did a lil math and benchmarked 600 mana gen for comparison and lose 9k damage.