Season 19 Ending Sunday March 1, 2020

I really don’t think you can assume a date right now. Sometimes they have short breaks between seasons, but at times it is extended by quite a bit. It really just comes down to the patch being ready for the Live servers. It depends on how PTR testing goes this week and what the team needs to do before pushing it out.

1 Like

How is WD change from 100% mana to 50% mana not a nerf?

The change for Ring of Emptiness is great. Now I can replace Locust Swamp for others such as Piranhado.

1 Like

The patch notes say its the same damage as old wording. So I am assuming its 50% of your mana regen as a straight multiplier. That’s only way the numbers stay the exact same. So 100 mana regen would be 50x more damage which is the same as 5000% set bonus that 50 times mana regen value gives with previous wording.

And 2.6.8 still sucks.

In your announcement thread…

You’ve listed the end time for the EU region server as 5:00 pm CEST.
Daylight Savings for Europe doesn’t start until on March 29th.
So, the end time should be 5:00 pm CET.

PST is Standard time. PDT is Daylight time. I don’t see anything wrong. There is no such thing as PT in the US.

thx you nevalistis :+1:

There won’t be much testing. There was a ton of feedback and they pushed some meaningless mini toughness buffs to barb and wd and a huge nerf to wiz. The broken overall mechanics were not even touched.
People will just be frustrated and play Wolcen instead.

Wonder why you didn’t mention that there is no “pm” in EU. :stuck_out_tongue:
“five o’clock in the afternoon in your local time, whatever you Europeans like to call it” is what she meant. Let’s see if season stops 17:00, 18:00 or 19:37 when someone in USA remembers to press the button.

PM = Post Meridiem
It may come as a surprise, but Europe has afternoons too.

The reason I mentioned it is so that Nev can correct the announcement (and, potentially, the S20 start date blog text) because there’s a one hour discrepancy between what she’s announced and what she means.

This one is a frequent thing. The announcements for EU regularly say CEST when they should say CET and vice versa. Some of the confusion may stem from the fact that the USA starts daylight savings a couple of weeks ahead of Europe, and ends it a couple of weeks afterwards. However, a quick google search for “Daylight Savings Time 2020 UK” would give the answer.

Oh, and I live in the UK, so 17:00 CET in my local time would be 16:00 GMT.

I’d like to have shorter seasons. Maybe two months. This past season is too long. A lot of us quit the first month.

1 Like

oh really?
But time here runs from 0:00 to 23:59. There is no such thing as “5 pm”.
Unlike some primitive cultures we understand the concept of zero.

PM = Post Meridiem = After Midday.
So, tell me, how many hours after Midday is 17:00?

In my culture, we understand that 17 - 12 = 5.
Doesn’t America?

Of course the US uses AM/PM for casual time references. The military and some other organizations use 24 hour time notation. Most people can do both! No idea where Stu is from, but maybe not the US?

This whole argument is silly.

4 Likes

CET is central European time and CEST is central European summer time. The query is that CEST is advertised although on March 1st CET will still be in use so if I was in Paris and the local time said 4:30 PM, would I be able to play season 19? According to the notice I wouldn’t, but then I’d have to ask why Europe gets an hour less play time than everywhere else.

If the notice was that: season end March 1 @ 5:00 PM PDT, you would have the same issue.

I imagine that it should be 5:00PM CET, and can be fixed easily, but it would be nice if official messages were accurate at time of release.

1 Like

I know. I have had it corrected before. It is often overlooked. Same with PDT/PST. Even when the post is correct, sometimes the switch does not get thrown on time. :woman_shrugging:

I have learned no to stress about it. Not sure that is good, but it is what it is.

1 Like

You should know it better ^^
Where ppl work, there will always accure some failures :sunflower:

So dont bother and just shake it up ^^

You are completely right.
To answer your question - I’m from Germany, and nobody uses AM/PM times here. Nor anywhere else in Europe afaik.

Always be careful of “everyone” statements, they can make you look foolish. Ireland and the UK both use am/pm liberally.

3 Likes

The dominant time notation in Ireland seems to be 24-hour clock.

If we talk about Europe, we mean usually the EU and the UK is no longer a member of the EU.
But the game region is most likely europe as a continent or will there be a new one? A new task for Boris :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 clock is used in some countries of the EU but mostly in speech and not written.

But yes, if you add a “almost” or similar you don’t have to worry, that someone comes with an edge case. Besides, shouldn’t the “afaik” also imply that there could be a country that uses it?

Nevertheless, if the majority is using the 24 clock notation why stick to the 12 clock notation?

1 Like