Season 17 Ends August 18 | S18 Begins 8/23

Greetings, nephalem!

With the end of the 2.6.6 PTR, we’re working on preparing for patch launch and the subsequent rollover from Season 17 to Season 18!

Season 17 will be ending on August 18 at the following times:
North America: 5:00 PM PDT
Europe: 5:00 PM CEST
Asia: 5:00 PM KST

We will be announcing the Season 18 start dates with the Season 18 preview blog, which will be available before Season 17 ends. Edit: Season 18 begins August 23, check out the patch notes and preview here.

Thank you for your participation in the 2.6.6 PTR and we look forward to seeing you in Season 18!

41 Likes

Good to know.

*Marks Calendar

1 Like

Thanks Nev. I can plan the joyous task of consoladiting stash tabs.

12 Likes

TYVM, I hope we see some good adjustments to the patch. :ok_hand: Sesone 17 was a total bust for me, bring on 18. :+1: If you would like to add some additional items to the patch, the majority of us would not complain, the trolls might, but who cares what they think. :grinning: Please, please, please give the Barbs a bone so they will stop flooding the forum with the . . . . . . . well you know. :sob:

1 Like

For once, a promised two week heads up. :+1:

1 Like

Oh, and I do hope you plan on stickying this so it doesn’t drop off the front page, Nev. :wink:

Looking forward to the blog at least.

At this point, I cannot suggest more implementations or updates as you have already annouced the PTR ones, and probably will not change them, you may have few people work in this game. But, as a player of this game for 6 years, can you PLEASE do not repeat cosmetics as you guys did in actual season with portrait frames ? At LEAST bring something new, not a repeated frame, or some recolored pet/wings.

4 Likes

“we’ve made several changes already as a result of community feedback.” :+1:

One of that changes would be calculate the correct amount of damage taken while wearing squirts necklace btw… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

thanks, cant wait to see the blog

As you can see on the rest of the text I am talking about seasonal cosmetics that was NOT revealed yet.

And We have made, do not means they will NOT make any upcoming change.

Actually, Nevalistis did in fact state what the S18 rewards will be. Going forward, they will be mirrored to a season that is approximately three years apart from the season at the time. So season 19’s rewards will be the same as season 7, season 20’s rewards will be the same as season 8, etc.

It is possible that in addition to the recycling of the seasonal rewards (so everyone can eventually get them all), new items will be added from time to time as well. Those too will then be available twelve seasons afterward as well.

3 Likes

Looks at Calendar and sees his vacation planned from 31 August until 8 September and wonders if the start to S18 is going to be a slow one for him

So they got an excuse for not needing to do anything for the game. They keep telling us they are not done with D3 and that they weren’t done with Barbarians etc.
The fact remains : they don’t do much anymore. They just wont admit that they are not having people working on it anymore.

Holy Hahaha Did not see this update from Nev, thanks for share, mirrored rewards … Nothing else to say here.

Exciting !!

In a few words.

hooray… appreciate… tyvm… hope we got some good surprise in latest patch notes…

So I got a little over 2 weeks if I still want to try to get my wings huh

I’m more looking forward to the blog post Nev mentioned about the “future” of Diablo 3.

I just hope it is out prior to BlizzCon.

The problem with that is, will they announce anything big 1-2 months before BlizzCon? Or will they save those big announcements and the big news for BlizzCon?

1 Like