Season 17 Ends August 18 | S18 Begins 8/23

Great update. 23rd is perfect. Hopefully the challenge rift isn’t a pos so we can have an easy time leveling the first day.

I completely agree. There has not been any real news on this up until now. I just found out as well just several minutes ago…nice news blizzard -_- Its not difficult to post the latest season info on the main app page before you launch the game. Also, it would be clutch if per season they already list a proposed end date. If blizzard needs more time, they can just extend the end date…i would say this is common sense but coming from Dota 2, common sense is not so very common.

1 Like

No signs of it on the launcher until today though, so I would call this a half baked keeping of promise.

1 Like

Still not in the launcher in EU/DE. Had to dig through old reddit posts to find the link to this here obscure place.

Reckon something this important would deserve a proper news posting in the launcher. Assuming you want people to know things that affect them. :rage:

It looks like Season 17 ended a day early. It’s August 17 and at 5 pm PDT I lost the Legacy of Nightmares buff and was hoping to grind a little more in an attempt to get those galaxy wings :frowning:

3 Likes

The LoN buff seems to have been disabled prematurely, stopped at exactly 8pm EDT. I killed one mob before 8pm and was going great, then I couldn’t kill anything afterwards.

2 Likes

That was my experience on the West Coast. I’m playing on PS4.

3 Likes

In the future, please post the end date to the Seasons in more locations than just the forums, especially for those of us that mainly play on a console. Also, it would be nice if you extended the current season by a couple of days since we lost the Season Buff 24 hours early.

Thanks

2 Likes

Wow, only just found this forum post now, with less than 24 hours til the season ends. What happened to you guys announcing the end of season date in a blog post, then sharing that to Facebook, and putting it on the launcher? What the hell is this super hidden forum post. There isn’t even a single mention of it on the Season 18 announcement either. Pretty disgraceful really.

2 Likes

The last time they did a “Season XX Ending Soon” blog was for the end of Season 14, i.e. they haven’t bothered for the last three seasons.

Heck, they didn’t even bother to post this announcement on the EU forums.

This is an example of how Blizzard are succeeding at their oft-stated goal of getting better at communication.

Actually, I’ve just done some digging, and you’re right. I didn’t bother with Seasons 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15, so I was used to the old blog posts they used to do, back in the early seasons, and in s9 too, so the expectation it was still like that was in my head. And at least when I came back in Season 16 they posted this on Facebook, and I’m fairly certain it was on the launcher too, but I could be wrong. But it gave me the heads up I needed to log in and finish whatever I needed to finish before it ended. This time I didn’t even get that. Redirecting...

Yeah that’s pretty much the norm lol. Also happened in S16. And another time they had extended the season but forgot to reactivate the seasonal buff.

Incompetence at its finest.

Nice. Giving us 4 days of D3 before we get lost in WoW Classic.

Here’s to hoping I play more than 1-2 hours this time around. :smiley:

What is WoW?

-A new Season theme?
:santa:

In the off-chance you’re not making a “This isn’t the WoW forums” joke, WoW = World of Warcraft. :slight_smile:

Am looking forward to having the servers to myself.
-Learning how to play WoW is not earning me a stash tab :wink:
good luck to you…

I would like Season 17 extended to Thursday Aug 22.

Thank you very much, Nevalistis! You do a wonderful job making Diablo 3 very fun to play. I always enjoy reading the fun information that you provide us. I play Diablo 2, Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm daily and I’m having more fun than ever because of great people like you.

Diablo will always be my first love, and you always enhance those exciting emotions we all have for this amazing game because of your passion. I’ve played other games in the past where the CM isn’t friendly or appreciative of their player base, but you always go out of your way to welcome us back to Sanctuary even if we’ve taken some time off from the Diablo world. You even responded to my tweets which I was very thankful for. You make us feel important even if we’re just playing casually.

Thank you again. From the bottom of my heart. As a long-time Diablo 2 veteran that first started playing Diablo 2 classic in the summer of 2000 as a teenager. Here I am in 2019 still itching to play some Diablo in my late 30’s with a smile on my face. Diablo has been a big part of my life, but more importantly, it’s the great people working for Activision-Blizzard that keep me coming back for some more fun. I feel motivated thanks to you!

2 Likes

They should add a thing in season so once you get the reward you can keep doing higher levels to get the old rewards. Then it won’t take as long. You can still keep both setups though. then someone can work for all 4 stashes etc in one season if they want instead of waiting years for inventory and items. It’s always better to work towards your goals then have to grind between years of nothing. Pus they could increase the difficulty for new levels of seasonal challenges.