Season 17 Ends August 18 | S18 Begins 8/23

Can we really trust this date?

I don’t find any official post on EU/Asia forum, which looks weird. I also said in another post that we had a blog post for that which will be visible on all servers in more languages.

AFAIK the “ending soon” post of every season until S14 only have different ending date so there is not even localization effort.

1 Like

With Blizzard’s oft-stated goal of improving communications with its players perhaps you could explain why, a week after this was posted to the US forums, this hasn’t been communicated at all on the EU forums?

1 Like

it’s been 7 days and not only no post for S17 end date on other region’s forums as others have pointed out but no info about when S18 starts…
Hopefully it’s in 2 weeks on 8/23 (if not even before) but who knows…ugh communication is if anything getting worse, one step forward two back it seems sometimes…

2 Likes

There are Blizzard posts on the end of the season on the Europe forums in all languages but English and French on 6 Aug.

I made a topic on Aug 2 on the French language forum and Kirottu provided the information on the English language forum, also on 2 Aug.

Mauricio made a topic on the US Spanish language forums

1 Like

if right
confirmed
this publication of mine exists
you can look and check
Bombou tells the truth, it’s true, verifiable
Always Devil positive, constructive and real, true, truthful, intelligent, sincere
:ghost::eye::eye:

That’s nice, but the point I was making is that Blizzard couldn’t be bothered to do so, despite claiming to be all about their new and improved communication.

1 Like

Also over on the launcher the ‘S17 is now live’ splash screen is still what’s showing. Why is there nothing mentioning the END of the season since it is 8 days away? Not everyone comes to the forums to get info, many players open the launcher and that’s it. where’s the communication Blizz?

5 Likes

Sir…pls include Gibbering gemstone lootable(increase drop rate) in the next season…pls give this item to us or dont make it hard to loot…thanks…

@Nevalistis

Can we get the S18 start date ? rly much people will know it because of WoW Classic start on 27th 00:01

2 Likes

what do we need to do to prepare I am new and this is my first season change . Do I get rid of gear < do I have to start a new character . I need information

I am not sure I understand the question… so, please let me know if I’m totally off.

Blizzard used to provide information on end-of-season… the last blog they did for that was for Season 14, but it still is valid. You can find it here:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22312196/season-14-ending-soon-8-31-2018

If your question is… how do you prepare for the end-of-season ? , there are a few school of thoughts on that:

• if you do nothing now… the season will end Sunday and everything that is in your stash will be mailed to you. There will be an envelope icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. You have 30 days to empty it, after which it vanishes with its content.
  • Another way is to decide now what you want to keep… and salvage the rest. Crafting materials are automatically transferred to your non-season mode at the end of the season.
  • Or, if you aren’t sure if you want to keep some items… keep it for now and decide later. At the beginning, I tended to keep a lot of stuff because I wasn’t sure if I would need it… and because I had a lot of room in the stash.

Hopefully… this helps a little.

6 Likes

So, does this mean Patch 2.6.6 hits live on Tuesday 20th?

Patch 2.6.6 hits sometime between now and 8/23, and we (generally) patch on Tuesdays.

That’s not a guarantee, but it’s a a pretty reasonable estimation to make.

6 Likes

Out of curiosity what is the big class to start of as this season progression wise, I’ve played a lot of these classes and have some mixed feelings about a lot of the sets, any advice on benefits of classes would be appreciated

Thanks for the update! :+1:

Also in the same boat. Just learned this and I’ve been on the client and checking their facebook quite a lot in the last two weeks. The splash for the game used to make it more obvious the end was coming. Food for thought for the next one. Here’s to an intensive grind in the next 72 hours…

2 Likes

Ty for the update Nev

Barb and monk gets support sets if I remember correctly. I think one of them are best to go for as first. You need 4 pieces then you are OP in gr.

This should have been a news point on the Diablo page from the application. This is extremely short notice for those of us who aren’t online 24/7. The news of Season 18 start date only appeared today.

As a longtime fan and player of Diablo and other Blizzard games I’m extremely DISAPPOINTED that BLIZZARD neglected to give us more of a heads up as an announcement on the front page of the Diablo startup page on the application that is visible to everyone who plays. I only found this forum because of the comments in the news story about Season 18 starting next week that was posted TODAY with only 3 days more of Season 17 left.

Please NEVER do this again. Give players a REASONABLE heads up next time. A lot of us have full-time jobs and don’t constantly go out of our way to look up forums outside of the application news.

I request that you EXTEND the season 2 weeks from this announcement of Season 18 for those of us who were not notified properly. To assist with this process, perhaps you can have people send a trouble ticket with their battletag number to extend their time to 2 weeks from the news announcement of Season 18 as PROMISED per your notes: “and will continue to provide a MINIMUM of TWO WEEKS advance notice for when the Season will be ending.”

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Nev.