Season 17 Ends August 18 | S18 Begins 8/23

Same here with 2 weeks notice of season end and a week before start after that we have time to finish up, clean stash content, yeah toss all that stuff you’ll never use that is ancient/primal that just rolled not great. Keep the best of set items for non-season. Season 17 was good Blizzard, thank you.

1 Like

Please tell me the new season starts on the 22nd and not later so it doesn’t overlap with Classic Launch

1 Like

Creates August wallpaper and marks date

Ready to go!

1 Like

Season 18 is going to be a joke, no new anything for the seasonal Journey!

3 Likes

Hopefully the forum allows Blizzard posters to use CSS. Had to be somewhat…creative on my recent project because the few HTML 5 commands Discourse is allowing here are crippled because end user CSS isn’t allowed (presumably for security reasons).

This is a different blog than what you said you were preparing, right?
(Sorry, my english is not good)

Thx.

1 Like

Awesome!

Eagerly awaiting S18. Really looking forward to utilising the new stuff.

Had a lot of fun in the PTR.

Perhaps in your case, I have missed a few seasons so I’m (sort of) glad I know they are doing this.

While I like the idea of exclusive rewards. I’m not complaining this time around. :grin:

1 Like

It will most likely either be A.) Like this season was, the Friday immediately following the end of the prior season OR B.) The next Friday.

So most likely, we’re looking at the 23rd or 30th. I’m hoping it’s the 30th, so I’ll be able to request time off at work instead of scrambling to get shifts covered at the last minute not that I had to do that or anything last season…

1 Like

Best thing about being in Straya.

Seasons usually start at 10am or 12pm on Saturday.

The one time our timezone works in our favour on US time based servers. :fist:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. :+1:

Blizzard has surprised us in the past with early or late start dates. But, if I had to guess right now, I’d say:

1. Sunday, August 18, 2019: Season 17 ends.
  2. Tuesday, August 20, 2019: Patch 2.6.6 deployed.
  3. Friday, August 23, 2019: Season 18 begins.

That’s if there’s no issues when deploying the new Patch.

5 Likes

hope it comes out at least a week before classic or its just going to be a bunch of bots and everybody be on classic

Bug report: in “BLIZZ TRACKER”, your quotes will be hidden by default, which makes this post really confusing like this:

Ty for the heads up!

Damn, I was realy hoping that bliz would not smash this season right on top of wow classic launch and thereby forcing people to choose, but looks like its gonna be probably the weekend before or after classic launch - both realy bad.

I thought blizz was coordinating launches of their own games, but I guess not. :confused:

But since classic is such a special entity and I did not play the original vanilla back in the days looks like its gonna be a skipped season.
To bad since 2.6.6 was looking interesting…

Gosh, if only there were a way to divide your time between the two games.

Alas, this is very troublesome. I can’t foresee a solution to your dilema. sigh

Luckily, some popular streamers have their “brother Chris” to help them.

1 Like

Multiplicity 1996.

Anyway S18 will most likely start on 23 August, so you should have 4 days to complete the season journey before WoW classic releases…

Just to clarify here, the season 17 speel of: “We acknowledge more effort is required to reach Guardian…” - Then the wings…
It was a trial run and it did not work? Or it was a one-off and we should be grateful for small mercies? Or we should probably not take anything said remotely seriously?

Sorry, I do not have a phone. :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: