Scythe of the Cycle bug?

During a Wudijo streaming he talked about a bug regarding Scythe of the Cycle, so that he prefers to run his bone spear build with a Tragoul Scythe instead.
I wasn’t able to understand what’s this bug and if it affects also Mages builds.
Any help?
Thanks

Can you write a link to that video? It is not clear what you are asking.

I don’t know about Scythe of the Cycle bug, but when I played Bone Spear build, I used Grim Scythe because of its interaction with Simulacrum. You gain essence from Simulacrum’s Grim Scythe also. This is not the case for Bone Spike, for example. So Grim Scythe nets you lile x3 essence per swing, albeit you have to be in melee.

Don’t know if this is a bug or not, if so, related to which item. Doubt it’s Scythe of the Cycle though. You might’ve remembered it wrong because this is also the case for Inarious Grim Scythe build (gain essence from Simulacrum’s Grim Scythe), and that doesn’t use Scythe of the Cycle. Don’t know if this is also the case for LoD poison scythe build (didn’t play it). I think it’s a bug with Haunted Vision (or its interaction with set items), if any.

I think this is the video, I can’t run it with audio now but it should be during initial explanation of the build (around 1 minute)

Oh ok. So you mistyped. And he’s not talking about Scythe of the Cycle bug, but Trag’Oul’s Fang bug with Simulacrum. Hear his explanation again. The bug is that Simulacrum double dips on Trag’Oul’s Fang affix. In Bone Spear build, Simulacrum is what’s doing the damage, in mage build, they’re not. So I highly doubt mage benefits more from Fang than SotC.

2 Likes

Ah ok thank you for explanation… so it’s not Scythe of Cycle working bad, but Trag’oul working too good with Simulacrum.

It’s pretty good. I never thought to use a Trag’Oul’s Fang with the set (200 vs 400 and all that). But with the “bug” (maybe working as intended) it’s a lot stronger. I think I’m the only person on the leaderboard wearing it, lol.

I watch Wudijo too and saw that video. He keeps trying a 141, gets way ahead, but hasn’t been able to kill the rift guardian with the season theme. I think he could if he wore a stricken, but that doesn’t make a very exciting video.

What does double dip mean? For a Death Nova build, which scythe is better?