Screen freezes without enemies: dead

I play HC for a long time. To die in a fight is ok. Even to run to enemies and starting a fight and die is ok. But to run on a way, see NO (!) enemies, the screen freezes for 6 to 8 secs and you’re dead! When it continues you’re dead, of course, and now you can see some bosses and others.
This happend some 5 to 7 times in Season 17, playing q10 or q12, full equipped at LVL 840.
I think this must be a BUG! My PC is quite new and fast enough to see if anything happens. But I have no chance to see it come.

Perhaps post here on Technical support because some people seem to have similar freezing posts there.

Sounds like a massive lag.

I would check the internet connection.

thanks for answer.
My Internet is ok: 250 Mbit constant. Checked it several times.

Did you run a network monitoring program?
If you run tests only manually, it is very unlikely that a lag spike will occur during your tests.

1 Like

Before I upgraded from a wireless internet connection to a wired internet connection, I used to encounter such issues with my internet connection quite frequently, even though I enjoyed fast internet speeds and experimented with two different high-quality routers. Blizzard does not directly support wireless connections for Diablo 3, and I have just recently come to understand why that is.

A player is not always (or immediately) disconnected from the game server when their is a hiccup in their internet connection, but because their computer temporarily ceases to communicate with the game server, on-screen enemies may freeze and/or disappear, portions of the map may become inaccessible, and certain in-game actions may become unresponsive.

In the past, when I have experienced problems with either a Windows 10 update or an outdated display driver, the game has either suffered a noticeable decline in frame rate (which is distinctly different from prolonged lag) or has outright crashed, and did not result in either rubber banding or intermittent freezing. Granted, issues with connectivity and outdated drivers are not always mutually exclusive, which is why it is better to leave no stone unturned. :computer: :mag: Good luck!

Anyone have luck getting Blizzard to restore a HC character that died due to a game glitch? Pretty frustrating dedicating so many hours only to lose everything because the game failed.

No, because in order to create a hardcore hero you had to click Accept on this…

Permanent Death

You have but one life, eager hero. If you should die, though your deeds will be remembered, you shall not return again.

Customer Service will not revive a fallen Hardcore hero for any reason. All of your hero’s items will be lost forever upon death.

1 Like

how can I test that?
I run on a LAN Connection. But my iPad could sometimes not connect. Then I tried my PC and there was no Problem. After a while the iPad got connection.
Mybe the LAN has also some short disconnections. The Game stumples sometimes, but not that Freeze i had.

Season 18, first toon ripped to game error. Pretty much all gear augmented with 80 gems.

Game freeze happened on my second toon with pretty good backup gear augmented with 90 gems. Ripped.

Building my third toon and going to augment with 100 lvl gems.

Wish me luck against game freeze or game error.

It would be a challenge but I recommend start new toon while waiting for response from support.