Screen freeze in certain areas

I’ve tested it on the live servers and in PTR, it only occours in PTR. Thus I think it may have something to do with the new patch. I can’t see how though…

It only occours in 2 areas (at least I haven’t noticed it anywhere else so far)

• Act 2, Desolate Sands
  • Act 5, Blood Marshes or the area after that

The issue in both areas is a visual freeze. The game itself is still going, I can perform attacks (even though nothing is moving on the screen), click on objects, warps (the mouse curser still changes accordingly when moving it around a clickable object or warp) and waypoints and I can tp out of the area. However, even after leaving the area, my screen is still not moving. No loading screen, nothing, only sounds. However I asume the usual procedures seem to be performed based on those sounds.
Only after leaving the area (only possible via tp) I can make the screen moving again by alt+tab out of the game and maximazing it again.
After reentering the area the visuals freeze again. The auto map is still drawing fine though. If I can warp to the area via waypoint and move around a bit bevore it freezes I can still move blindly around the area and it performs just fine. I just can’t see anything because nothing is moving on my screen.

In both cases I think that it might be connected to a certain part of each area that might occour regularly there. At least I didn’t have any case where it didn’t freeze at some point.

Here an example of each area where I can move around a bit.
The act 2 area likes to freeze a lot, I can hardly move around there. In act 5 it’s very often that one spot I noticed this.
The lines of the cycles are about the area where the screen stops moving. And as mentioned above, even if the screen is not moving I can still walk (or spin) around, the sounds happen, just nothing moves. And no, I can’t screenshot the exact moment I stop moving, that just grants me a black image.

https://i.imgur.com/vq2REHS.jpg https://i.imgur.com/394FANu.jpg

The only thing I can’t say for certain: Is anybody else noticing similar issues in these areas or is that just something with my setup here? Since I haven’t seen any topics about this yet I can only assume that I’m either the only person trying how fast I can rush bounties with this set or this has something to do with my hardware that doesn’t like a small change that was done and not mentioned in these areas?

When you said Act 2 Desolate Sands and Act 5, that reminds me of issue caused by legacy AMD graphics cards. What is your graphics card?

32 bit or 64 bit client of your live and PTR?

1 Like

hm, might be the case? If so, is there a fix for that? I’ll try updating it, haven’t done that… ever now that I think about it… (edit: well, it tells me that the installed driver is already up to date)
It’s an AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Yes, the PC I’m using is rather old, I bought that thing back in 2011.

In the options I have checked the box for the 32 bit client

Your card is a legacy card.

Go to AMD driver download site. Search your card. You should find the latest version: Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta

AMD has stopped update for legacy cards. This is the last version and should fix the issue.

2 Likes

that seems to have done the job, thanks

It sounds like a computer problem…Nothing wrong here on my part …good luck