#SAVEBARBS: update Mortick’s to also increase damage by 50% while WOTB is active!

Hi,

We are asking for barbarian buff for a couple of seasons and nothing happened. Literally, nothing. Ok, I understood that they added Mortick’s Brace but this will only provide more toughness for WW barbs considering they didn’t have freeze & stun on belt & gloves.

However most of WOTB runes are useless beside the damage increase & damage reductions ones, but really we need damage increase and not other stuff.

So, I propose a not optimal but necessary thing: let’s update affix for Mortick’s Brace to also increase damage by 50% while WOTB is active!!!

Yes this will make Morticks a meta item for barbarian, but tell me, can you wait another 3-4 months and then see that they are adding a golden pony again instead of fixing what is broken and unbalanced!!!

8 Likes

I understand the concern after that recent Barb proposal, but:
There is already a Wrath of the Berserker rune that grants a +50% (multiplicative) damage boost. If you were already using this rune then logically you could switch some damage resistance items or gems you are using for damage boosting ones instead, since using Mortick’s Brace will greatly increase your survivability.

4 Likes

Makes sense but for the WW the gems are already all offensive. More, let’s say we can drop IP. And take what exactly? The problem is WW barb is lacking damage but also damage mitigation so…

2 Likes

And you should read up on how demanding ww actually is. Besides having rend that does literally nothing for the build. WW can ONLY do what other builds can do, if it has perfect rolls on EVERY piece of gear. That is beyond hard to achieve, while others with much less do more.

1 Like

There is this dude that increased his IK HotA solo GR level by 7 by using Mortick in the PTR.

Since IK Set 6 pc Bonus increased damage on everything, it might also affect WotB’s Arreat’s Wail and Slaughter Rune damage getting huge buff from it.

Someone need to do the maths, but if this truly is true… then any build that using IK 6 pc bonus stand to benefit greatly from this patch.

Edit: The guy in the quote below has clarified that he cleared 7 GR higher in the PTR, not because of Mortick’s buff, but its because he got a GG map. I need to add this note because some people still give reply based on this old post days after the case has been solved.

2 Likes

There, you see? You shouldn’t begin complaining and asking for this and that until actual testing has been done. 7 GR levels is a decent buff.

1 Like

See this is what happens when someone actually bothers to verify what the hell they’re yapping on about, before they actually yap.

If even half the forum-player base tried that, the amount of lame threads would decrease by at least…75%? Ye sounds about right.

OP, take a hint.

2 Likes

Morticks Brace was and is for mostly ww. Rend is still useless. Raekor builds require rather clunky wall charging mechanics, no other build needs that amount of ramp up time.
WW still needs perfect gear to do decent and even lower than any other top builds. So no. We complain cause there is more needed than one item that does nothing for ww or anything else.

4 Likes

I don’t see people “yapping” when they are long time Barbarian players and know what they talk about. You see one slight increase for one build and think everything is alright when it’s clearly not.

No, dude.

Mortick’s did not give him +7 GR levels. By comparison, in our proposal we calculated that Barbs are 4.1 GRs behind all other classes and need 2x as much damage as we currently have. Mob HP increases by 17% per GR tier, a 7 tier increase requires much more than an additional 50% increased damage multiplier.

So, either Mortick’s is currently bugged, or it’s a simple case of a player coming back after a long hiatus and beating his former PR. The AOE from Arreat’s Wail and Slaughter deal negligible damage and haven’t been effective since before 2.3. It’s like saying Pain Enhancer’s bleed damage is a major contributor to builds (nope, not a bit!).

While I don’t think you meant any harm, posts like this spread misinformation (see the reply from Noodles).

13 Likes

Update: The poster who was quoted has already clarified it was not Mortick’s that gave him +7 GRs: PTR Notes 2.6.6 - #43 by Free-1746

I really appreciate anyone who wants buffs for Barbs–trust me, my heart is right there with you. But y’all need to be more careful. There are a lot of trolls and folks who will, at the slightest provocation, spread misinformation.

10 Likes

Ok, sry if you feel that my statement is misleading Free.
So even when buffed with IK 6pc bonus , the AOE from Arreat’s Wail and Slaughter Rune still deal negligible damage? Got it. Thank you.

They should just make the Rend skill stonger with the WW set bonus. Rend is pretty much useless right now and rarely seen being used.

1 Like

Well, I seem to remember a time that insanity was 100% damage buff, it was nerfed to 50% wasn’t it?

1 Like

Mortiks brace isnt giving us anything other then a very small boost to ww alone. what is does is allow us to slot witching hour at lower grifts lvls. I would say anything sub 6 minutes runs. On top of that echoing fury is better then furnace on these same speed runs. Once the content becomes slightly difficult we need to switch back to parthans/pride of cassius/furnace.The new items allow form more options and makes the feel different for ww at speed content. Thats is all.
We still need large buffs!!!

5 Likes

it used to be a 100% additive dmg buff. it was changed to be a completely separate multiplier with 50%.
For builds like EQ (with that horribly outdated +200% additive dmg on the weapon) that’s argueably better but overall you could say it was more like a nerf than anything.
I think it was changed for RoS back in 2014.

So they’re lying through their teeth despite WotB all runes mean 50% increased damage plus dealing area damage on critical hits and bursting area damage on activation? Mathematically incorrect and impossible to double your overall damage output? Let’s also add Striding Giant adds survival without catering to the shield bearing. 7 GRs sounds about more than double health pool for monsters (doubled at each 4.5 GR tier) and those numbers above seems about right.

As for “clarification”, I think he just shrugged at you; he said “damage is there but life regen was the problem and I had a gg map”. What do you make of this? What “clarification”? Please explain that clarification post because I don’t speak Barbarian lingo. I don’t think you can climb 7GRs above just because you have a “gg map”.

As I said, you people don’t need to tip the salt shaker over before attempting to try anything. Your call has been heard; Mortick’s were always an overpowered item beneath the surface and now you got it. Also there’ll be more to arrive at the next patch I suppose.
In case you were hoping to see 99999999% buff to WW, just don’t. They reiterated several times that WW spec causes heavy burden on server through mass calculations and visual clutter so they don’t plan to promote its use through buffing it. Unless they redesign it, I don’t think that’s a possibility.

1 Like

People enough with this bs, you know very well that there is a huge difference between someone doing 100 gr vs 107 gr. People who say otherwise just dont understand anything from anything

When you ask for a star, do not get carried away asking for the heavens as well.

You might end up getting neither.

2 Likes