#SAVEBARBS: update Mortick’s to also increase damage by 50% while WOTB is active!

There, you see? You shouldn’t begin complaining and asking for this and that until actual testing has been done. 7 GR levels is a decent buff.

1 Like

See this is what happens when someone actually bothers to verify what the hell they’re yapping on about, before they actually yap.

If even half the forum-player base tried that, the amount of lame threads would decrease by at least…75%? Ye sounds about right.

OP, take a hint.

2 Likes

Morticks Brace was and is for mostly ww. Rend is still useless. Raekor builds require rather clunky wall charging mechanics, no other build needs that amount of ramp up time.
WW still needs perfect gear to do decent and even lower than any other top builds. So no. We complain cause there is more needed than one item that does nothing for ww or anything else.

4 Likes

I don’t see people “yapping” when they are long time Barbarian players and know what they talk about. You see one slight increase for one build and think everything is alright when it’s clearly not.

No, dude.

Mortick’s did not give him +7 GR levels. By comparison, in our proposal we calculated that Barbs are 4.1 GRs behind all other classes and need 2x as much damage as we currently have. Mob HP increases by 17% per GR tier, a 7 tier increase requires much more than an additional 50% increased damage multiplier.

So, either Mortick’s is currently bugged, or it’s a simple case of a player coming back after a long hiatus and beating his former PR. The AOE from Arreat’s Wail and Slaughter deal negligible damage and haven’t been effective since before 2.3. It’s like saying Pain Enhancer’s bleed damage is a major contributor to builds (nope, not a bit!).

While I don’t think you meant any harm, posts like this spread misinformation (see the reply from Noodles).

13 Likes

Update: The poster who was quoted has already clarified it was not Mortick’s that gave him +7 GRs: PTR Notes 2.6.6 - #43 by Free-1746

I really appreciate anyone who wants buffs for Barbs–trust me, my heart is right there with you. But y’all need to be more careful. There are a lot of trolls and folks who will, at the slightest provocation, spread misinformation.

10 Likes

Ok, sry if you feel that my statement is misleading Free.
So even when buffed with IK 6pc bonus , the AOE from Arreat’s Wail and Slaughter Rune still deal negligible damage? Got it. Thank you.

They should just make the Rend skill stonger with the WW set bonus. Rend is pretty much useless right now and rarely seen being used.

1 Like

Well, I seem to remember a time that insanity was 100% damage buff, it was nerfed to 50% wasn’t it?

1 Like

Mortiks brace isnt giving us anything other then a very small boost to ww alone. what is does is allow us to slot witching hour at lower grifts lvls. I would say anything sub 6 minutes runs. On top of that echoing fury is better then furnace on these same speed runs. Once the content becomes slightly difficult we need to switch back to parthans/pride of cassius/furnace.The new items allow form more options and makes the feel different for ww at speed content. Thats is all.
We still need large buffs!!!

5 Likes

it used to be a 100% additive dmg buff. it was changed to be a completely separate multiplier with 50%.
For builds like EQ (with that horribly outdated +200% additive dmg on the weapon) that’s argueably better but overall you could say it was more like a nerf than anything.
I think it was changed for RoS back in 2014.

So they’re lying through their teeth despite WotB all runes mean 50% increased damage plus dealing area damage on critical hits and bursting area damage on activation? Mathematically incorrect and impossible to double your overall damage output? Let’s also add Striding Giant adds survival without catering to the shield bearing. 7 GRs sounds about more than double health pool for monsters (doubled at each 4.5 GR tier) and those numbers above seems about right.

As for “clarification”, I think he just shrugged at you; he said “damage is there but life regen was the problem and I had a gg map”. What do you make of this? What “clarification”? Please explain that clarification post because I don’t speak Barbarian lingo. I don’t think you can climb 7GRs above just because you have a “gg map”.

As I said, you people don’t need to tip the salt shaker over before attempting to try anything. Your call has been heard; Mortick’s were always an overpowered item beneath the surface and now you got it. Also there’ll be more to arrive at the next patch I suppose.
In case you were hoping to see 99999999% buff to WW, just don’t. They reiterated several times that WW spec causes heavy burden on server through mass calculations and visual clutter so they don’t plan to promote its use through buffing it. Unless they redesign it, I don’t think that’s a possibility.

1 Like

People enough with this bs, you know very well that there is a huge difference between someone doing 100 gr vs 107 gr. People who say otherwise just dont understand anything from anything

When you ask for a star, do not get carried away asking for the heavens as well.

You might end up getting neither.

2 Likes

Exactly what happened but we are getting used to the fact that we didnt get anything for 2 years… I personally have no hope at this moment

Naksiloth, Free is right. Morticks won’t give anyone 7 GR levels. A GG map can absolutely give 7 GR levels when you’re talking about comparing lower tiers like 110-120.

The Slaughter rune procs deal a separate 300% weapon damage splash aoe which is only boosted by set multipliers and gems and nothing else. This damage is nothing for any Barbarian set;

IK and Raekor HOTA have Gavel 800% and Bracer 500%, none of which boost Slaughter damage.

WW has Skull Grasp which is 400% and doesnt boost Slaughter.

Earthquake has the Belt which is 250% and Blade which is 200% and doesn’t boost Slaughter.

Arreat’s Wail is also garbage and contributes zero damage in a rift.

Mortick’s brace is a marginal boost for some builds that need toughness but it is never by itself contributing 7 GR levels worth of damage because only 3 Wrath runes are worth a damn and the other two aren’t boosted by Barb skill multipliers.

The addition of the item is welcome but please don’t act like it’s anything close to what the class needs.

6 Likes

Yes, people shouldn’t yap, I agree with you 100%. Not sure if you noticed that Free’s updated post below.

OP, please edit the title of the thread so that it doesn’t spread misinformation. That or just delete the thread.

3 Likes

I don’t quite understand what OP is even asking here.

Does he not know Mortick’s guarantees Berserker can use the Insanity rune which does give 50% increased damage?

Or is he asking for an additional 50% multiplier added to Mortick’s?

Either one seems weird to me…