Sanctuary Freezes Over During the Hellish Holiday Event

drop rate is really low to be of any use. Ty devs for the gifts but honestly… rather season just ends and we spam 2 mths of NS

So time to turn the bot on now I guess, gotta farm through all the garbage to get the wings

At the end of yesterday’s livestream, they mentioned the holiday event and they said the “the D3 team has worked hard on this”.

I disagree, I’d say the droprate is decent. You get one gift every few GR on average. Sure, the drop rate could be better but I wouldn’t say it’s too low.

One gift equals one reroll of an item and you get other mats on top plus blood shards. Gifts are useful enough without devaluing bounties.

Run ancient vaults I got 6 out one run. I was running 2 accounts at the same time. I got 3 out of that one at the same run.

I’ve been asked not to spoil this one. Hopefully someone here on the forums grabs one and shares it with a spoiler notice for those who want to discover it for themselves.

4 Likes

Just calling out that there was a delay with the update that Pezradar called out earlier. I’ve confirmed with the devs that the update has been deployed across the platforms. Keeping eyes peeled here in case there are still issues regarding the update.

thank you!

2 Likes

Yep, droprate is fine. Also, I got myself a Sword of Mediocrity and Glowing Ore.

Still no real idea what to do with those two. The Sword is actually a legendary sword item, can be equipped. Deals100 DMG but reduces all primary states to zero. lol… and the other thing is a material, worth 50k gold but has no obvious use. There might be some trick to it, or not. But it’s not as simple as putting both into the cube. Maybe you need to salvage the sword, but I will wait until I have a second one before trying that.

3 Likes

I downloaded the patch, but I’m still not getting the Holiday Event.

Does it have any flavor text? May give a hint.

Yeah, I got another 4 from running 6 GR 75s. Looks like the rate is probably 50-60% no matter what tier you’re playing on. That’s not bad, especially since it’s on top of an activity you were likely to be doing anyway (running speed GRs).

Well, just look here:

You can use Ramaladni on it. The Legendary Power can’t be ectracted and it does not work when equipped on Follower.

Question for clarity… those who’ve got all the transmogs, do they still drop?

Dev notes says pets and wings only… I’m hoping that it should say transmogs too as that would significantly improve my chances for the cosmic wings after all these years.

Thanks for posting your findings… good drop rates! Seems I will have some use for my 600+ GR keys in this season.

OK, now I need to drop one of these… coz I’m a completionist when it comes to the special items.

That…

actually looks like a sick weapon for testing damage mechanics. No damage variance baby!

2 Likes

No, you just get mats.

Agree. Those would have been cool to finally get. Maybe we’ll get a reskin of this event for Easter with those wings added.

Music to my ears! The only cosmetic in that list I don’t have are the cosmic wings.

Will probably do this on both my accounts now!

I just did 4 GRs… got 3 gifts… two with just mats but the other had Steffon’s Heavy Lance which I’ve already got.

Seems there’s still a chance of the white transmogs appearing. It’s just really low.

Rax’s vid on the event said he opened 85 gifts and had not gotten a single cosmic or falcon wing which further emphasises how rare the cosmetic items are.

I’ve been running GR80, and also think it’s been pretty close to 50%. I got them on my first 4-5 runs and hoped for a while they were just guaranteed drops at higher levels, but then I started getting dry spells. I think I’ve still gotten close to 15 in 30 grifts.

I’ve done several ancient vaults (crucibled rings, but I think that’s the same, right?) and gotten none so far from there.

In that batch of ~15 I’ve gotten 2 transmogs and 1 pet so far.

1 Like