S32 Challenge rifts - CR368-377

Challenge rift 370

Americas/Console:

Pretty straightforward Witch Doctor CR this time around.
It’s a non-set build focusing on your primary skill as a damage dealer.
I removed bats from the bar, since they probably would slow me down (using them at start probably would build up fetishes faster though).

Europe:

Arachyr Witch Doctor based build this time around. Pretty straightforward, throw spiders at enemies, occasionally Locust Swarm them and win!

Both builds are tanky enough, done on first tries.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Another horrible CR for Europe!!! Did it in 5:26. But you really have to work hard and focus on elites to make it in time. If I hadn’t run ahead to grab the conduit pylon to kill the first packs I would have been hard pressed for time…
Read the comments in the video to better understand how to play.

Big thanks to MadTom also :+1:

2 Likes

America’s one is horrible too. Hard, no (finished with almost 2 min left on first try). Horrible, yes. No Spirit Walk, no Soul Harvest, somewhat squishy, useless skills. Glad my Altar is done and I won’t have to do another Crift until next season.

1 Like

In watching one of the guide videos I realized that you get the message that you have to beat the time the original person made it in!! Not only do we risk getting awful set ups, we even have to do better than the original runner was lucky enough to do it!

And yes! In the beginning of every season I too run rifts with poor set ups, because I may lack some items. But at least I know what I’m doing and I don’t try to break any record, and I certainly wouldn’t want anybody to run the same rift… and I also have fifteen minutes to try and make it :grinning:

2 Likes

When I saw the EU CR I almost thought it was one of my runs before I got all the items I needed. But looking at cube, I realized it was worse :smiley:

That was based on the off-hand, as I used the same one for quite some time in early game.

1 Like

I also first used the conduit on 3 elite packs of map 1. Made that first attempt barely on time. But then I played the map 1 couple of times again and noticed I did it faster if I killed the 2 blue packs first and only then went to get the conduit. Both blue packs were killed quite fast when having them near each other + using all available skills. For me this was faster than running back and forth with conduit, and as an extra benefit the conduit was still active at start of map 2.

Map 2 I instead didn’t figure how to play good before I got bored, so I didn’t get really good time after all.

And thanks for all the videos everyone. Many have problems with the CRs and its easy to point them here to have a solution.

1 Like

Challenge Rift 371

AMERICAS/CONSOLE:

Pretty straightforward Hammerdin Crusader this time around.

This was my 2nd try (forgot to start recording on first), but the route I took in this one was better than my first run.

Use Falling Sword for damage buff and faster movement.

EUROPE:

A no set Crusader build this time around.

Focusing mainly on automatic Fist of the Heavens, while you are “on your horse”. So, ride around, throw some Heaven’s Fury and Fist of the Heavens if needed (while not on the Pony) and win.

You most likely don’t need to go on the last map I opened, I lost time on it (was looking for another pylon).

Happy hunting, fellow Nephalems!

4 Likes

Just happened to se a notification from Cpt. Honorseeker that the NA 371 is changed (maybe yesterday Thursday 1st).
You can see the confusion in the comments on his video.

The video is showing the original CR from this Monday.

There’s been recent issues with CR’s resetting on Switch so could this be part of it?

I’m not in the mood to re-upload (if they changed the CR), unless someone really needs another view on the CR.

2 Likes

Challenge Rifts 372

Demon Hunter builds this week.

AMERICAS/CONSOLE:

We have a straightforward LoD Cluster Arrow build this time around.

I died once in this run (my first), to not get into that problem, try to always have up Shadow Power and Smoke Screen in case of Emergency, but at least so often that you keep Defense buff from Elusive Ring up. If you overspam the 2 defensive options you might run into Discipline issues.

EUROPE:

Even though there are many skills in this builds, it primarily is a Rapid Fire build. Strafe will just deplete your Hatred to fast and you are not moving faster with it.
I used Sentries, primarily defensively.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Nice job. I watched Cpt. Honorseeker’s NA guide and had to laugh when he went over the cube powers: “We have Zoey’s belt that reduces damage for every active companion… We have no companions…” :grin:

1 Like

Tried a few times and snagged rank 1 for old times sake. If you wanna go fast, there’s a little trick some people probably don’t know. Smoke Screen has a built in 15% movement speed buff while active. Spam it, gotta go fast.

No pylons on floor 1, take the single path through. On floor 2 we spawn the boss. Hug the right and go counterclockwise but don’t hug tightly. You want to aggro as many monsters as possible so you kinda go through the middle while keeping to the right.

No point using Hungering Arrow, Cluster is enough. On floor 1 you just kill the packs and the maybe shoot a few shots at big clumps of mobs or Dark Berserkers.

4 Likes

Ty for videos. I run this Europe one 2 times myself for fun, as it was quite nice. First by using rapid fire for attack and turrets for defense, finished with ok time.

Then second time by using all skills except the trap. Strafe kills some small mobs while not slowing me down, but need to be careful not to overuse it (all hatred gone). Turrets also do some small dmg, so I left them to finish off some mobs while I was running away for better finish time. And rain of vengeance for couple of cases. Was nearly dead couple of times. Finished with quite good time even though my execution was far from perfect.

1 Like

CHALLENGE RIFTS 373

Necromancer this time around.

AMERICAS/CONSOLE:

Pretty straightforward, but a tad squishy Inarius Death Nova build (with corpse Explosion in the mix).
Most importantly, always have bone Armor up, as it gives you both damage and damage reduction.
I probably should have scouted out the first map a bit more and get a much better time.

EUROPE:

A straightforward LoD build with Skeleton Mages.

Keep Bone Armor up (it buffs your Skeleton Mage damage) and get into cruise mode!

Good luck!

4 Likes

US rift speed clear:

• Speed and Power pylons on the first floor.
  • You can manually cast Blood Nova and it’ll one shot everything. It’s faster than channeling.
  • Keep moving, only kill if there’s more than a few mobs.

Took me about 5 tries for rank 1 this week. Obviously there’s virtually zero competition cause no one cares lol. Maybe I’ll OBS some video and post it next week if I can get a R1 again. This used to be my thing back in 2017 or whenever Challenge Rifts launched.

1 Like

CHALLENGE RIFT 374

Barbarian this week.

AMERICAS/CONSOLE:

It’s an Immortal King Frenzy build. IK does it’s damage while both Ancients and Wrath of the Berserker are up. IK has built in WotB cooldown by spending resources, that’s why there is Seismic Slam in the build.

So basically, mow down enemies by using Frenzy, while you keep up WotB by using Seismic slam.

EUROPE:

We have a Frenzy build without real movement skills this time around.

However, there is Focus and Restraint rings in the set-up, so you should tap Whirlwind at least every 4 seconds to maximize damage.

This was my 2nd try (cleared on 1st, but forgot to start recording), so this would be the optimal route, IMHO.

Good luck!

3 Likes

CHALLENGE RIFT 375

Wizard builds this time around.

Americas/Console:

Pretty straightforward Hydra no-set build this time around.

Keep your Electrocute buff up (it buffs Hydra damage), try to place Hydras in front of you and/or around Elites.

Europe:

Kinda troll set-up this time around (Firebird with no fire skill and overlap on Teleport - the set provides “free” teleports, cube not the best option with Aether Walker that drains your Arcane Power…).

Recommended way to play - get to 50 Firebird stacks, try to stay above 45, hunt elites, mark them with Disintegrate, tap Magic Missile to fill up Arcane Power and get full benefit of Focus and Restraint rings.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Did the EU one again a couple of times. Some tips for fast(ish) time:

• Channel pylon helps a lot. When it’s active, keep disintegrate on all the time, annihilate any bigger packs with it and teleport as fast as possible to next pack.
  • Use hydra for finishing easier mobs and give some small extra when you need to stop longer for elites, disintegrate is your main dmg
  • When channeling pylon is active, balance between running and using teleport by checking your resource balloon. If it’s nearly full, always teleport, if it’s close to drained, walk manually if the distance is not that high.
1 Like

CHALLENGE RIFT 376

Monk builds this week.

AMERICAS/CONSOLE:

Sunwuko Tempest Rush this time around.

Be sure to have Sweeping Wind up, as it gives you damage and damage reduction due to the set bonuses.

Since it seems to generate enough spirit, you can farm the Mantra a bit more than I did, for additional protection.

EUROPE:

Monk Inna Fire Allies this time around, with focus on Tempest Rush.

Build is very tanky and strong but has Spirit issues. However, there is a generator in case you need more Spirit. Other way of getting more spirit is to press the Allies skill, but Cooldown is not the best, so you still gonna run into spirit issues.

Both runs are my first tries. Good luck everyone!

3 Likes