S28 careful - dont do what i did!

I’m at step 10 (RoRG doesnt work from the vendor) but I foolishly took the following:
double kill
no item level
perm xp pool
+200 damage
-25% Missile
+25% Movement
+15% elite damage
5% shield
10% ele damage

I saw from the pc forums you can skip slots from the shrine to get to the bottom quicker. I’m not sure if there is a way to reset your choices but just giving a heads up warning that might foolishly do what I did… :confused:
I thought I had to complete the full row before moving down a row but it doesnt appear the case.

here is what is suggested by another person of the order to get to the bottom faster:
1 - double kill streak (this is the only option)
2 - No item level required
3 - Perm Xp pools
4 - 25% movement speed (not sure if this added on your paragon or just removes the need for movement paragon/items with movement speed)
5 - 5% shield from hp globe
6 - 10% Ele damage
7 - x2 bounties
8 - CC Immunity
9 - 15% damage
10 - +1 progress orb
11 - auto-pick/salvage (pets)
12 - Passability (illusionary boots)
13 - Kaladala x2 leggies
14 - (special bottom) -25% damage within 25yards
15 - (special bottom) random shrine/pylon power
16 - (special bottom) Triune Circles
17 - Auto-DB pickups
---- cost of step 17 is 1400 blood shards and doesnt require any harder items to turn in --------

I think at 16 unlock all 3 bottom tier items so does that unlock the diablo wings??? Not sure!

For the wings, you have to unlock every single node in the tree. That’s 26 upgrades, plus sacrificing 6 primals.

And no, you can’t reset your tree. (Well, you can if you recopy your PTR characters, but you’ll lose everything).

Here is my approach to the tree, though I made this before the PTR, so learned a few things: S28 Altar Planner - Diablo 3 - by Caleko

Anyway, 25% move speed needs to be a much higher priority than Permanent XP Pools. The pools, while giving 41% XP, will take you maybe to Paragon 60. You can get that in 2 minutes once you have Haedrig’s Gift, and going the other route is going to be faster at the beginning, even if you use your cache or save it. And it’s added, so with Paragon, you can have up to 50% base movement speed.

And while the Staff of Herding is going to be easier on the console, Death Breathx2 and auto Death Breath should be the very last things you should choose. No one is going to care about death breath 8 hours into the season. The other materials are going to be your roadblocks, especially Forgotten Souls.

But, we’ll wait to see how they balance the tree, which needs to be balanced. If the new season went live today, it became obvious on the PTR that the very first thing you need to do is rush the Pylon Potion power over everything else. That is so ridiculously overpowered right now that changes will need to be made.

1 Like

nice info BT! Thanks, I’m sure I will learn from you the proper order to get the best power early on to help Prof S

1 Like

I’d take the move speed route asap. Pools can be grabbed later like node 14 or so because they wont make much difference until you are running higher content. Of course, this could depend on if you are playing in a group or solo where people may want to take different routes.

It has several oversights that once corrected will tone it down. Even after it gets fixed, though, it will still be the top potion choice, and likely by a wide margin.

The Triune circles, imo, just don’t work well with the potion as a trigger. I’d like to see their functionality brought up and the pylon effect brought down because otherwise the tree will still feel lopsided almost regardless of where the other nodes are.

The RoRG I got from the bags worked as a sacrifice…weird.

Some are having issues with certain things not being able to be sacrificed. They claim they made them ancient, but without being able to see them live attempting it, it’s hard to know if it’s really a bug, or just user error with misunderstandings.

Bigman bigman bigman

RORG obtained from the PTR Follower Items cache won’t work for sacrifice.
RORG obtained from the PTR Jewellery cache (or Act 1 Bounty cache) works just fine.

sweet! I will give it a try tonight after work, thanks!!

Thank you for testing. Please leave feedback about Console.

Check out this handy tool to plan out your path:

caleko github io/s28planner

I tried to leave 2 posts in the PTR feedback thread.

The first is a proposal to rebalance the tree (which you may or may not like the changes). This though at least removes the double kill streak:

Altar of Rites Layout Issues and Proposal - PTR Feedback - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

The second is where I put in a more console generic issue:
Potential console issues with the upcoming theme - PTR Feedback - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Doubt any of them will go anywhere, but you never know.

2 Likes

I know you posted this 6 days ago, but that’s because the RoRG you got was ancient. That’s what was needed to sacrifice - ancient.

It doesn’t matter where the RoRG came from - if it’s ancient it’ll work.

The Hellfire Amulet sacrifice has to be ancient, the RoRG does not and, as per at least a dozen threads in the PTR Bug Report forum, the issue is with the RoRG from the Follower Items cache not working, and the RoRG from the Jewellery cache working just fine.