S24 is almost a week till it's over so?

Normally, there’s alot of fresh hype about new season coming.

Has D2R caught most ppl’s attention?

If it did then come back to D3 'cause Blizzard screwed up bad in their decision to make old legacy code into a Global DB which has been crashing every day for last 7 days.

What is S25 theme going to happen or is the D2R server issue taking all the Diablo devs and tech coders away?

2 Likes

They should, since we have no idea of what is happening for S25, or when, or at all, is to enable some sort of mid-season benefit for S24. Or all of them. Double goblin bounties. Or whatever. Maybe throw in three random season themes from the past.

4 Likes

A week in blizzard time maybe.

We measure time by different standards.

7 Likes

S24 is going to last at least a month still. First of all there hasn’t been the 2 week warning about current season ending and secondly there’s no word about PTR which would be absolutely mandatory to test the new theme and balance changes.

11 Likes

Looking at the above posts here I have the same thought now…

Probably another month or 3 weeks to enjoy the eth’s and the devs and tech coders to fix the broken D2R server issue that is in it’s 7th day.

I’ve given up on D2R and back to HC D3!

3 Likes

Meanwhile PoE releases a huge patch. I think its time to turn on D3.

And screw D2R, an immoral cash grab.

2 Likes

Plenty of time for those who haven’t gotten all of their ethereals yet and/or those who started season late.

I have barely played D2R. The first 90 days or so are always a nightmare for new software.

1 Like

If i were to play it would to finish my tempest/innas build and wizz boom boom build and Crusader and kit out my followers but meh i’ll continue my ‘vacation’.

Yeah, with what a ginormous disaster it is. Almost giving Warcraft 3 Refunded a run for its money.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, but they are still having issues getting super old code to behave like it’s 2021.

They are also hi-jacking other Blizz departments to help get D2R running smoothly, so with that said I don’t think the new season will take priority.

3 Likes

How to hype when there is no news about it? At least last 2 seasons we have someone from the team hyping the new season at their twitter.

3 Likes

a vocal minority of people wanted no changes. Thank them for legacy features and coding. And all the crashes, instability and bad itemization/systems that went with it.

Guessing they got pulled to D2R. That, or they are going gonzo for s25.

2 Likes

I believe a season will end 4 weeks after a PTR is announced.
No PTR announcement, S24 will continue.

I think they have abandoned us, and I in turn am ready to jump ship to PoE.

Screw D2R, screw DI, and at this point, we will see D4 in 2 years min.

1 Like

Just adding my two cents here. I believe Blizzard is likely trying to align D2R and D3 seasons to make it easier to maintain both games at the same time. It would make sense because they could focus the majority of their team to PTRs when it is time to create/test and then shift that team of people to maintenance, during seasons, and new ideas for the next seasons (in both games simultaneously). Same with ideas/creations. Why have twice as many teams of people trying to do all of these separate projects/maintenance/PTRs when you could save time and money, and most importantly, prevent the likelihood of making more mistakes/bugs? Might be the case, might not, just a bigger picture look from my perspective/opinion.

It would be nice if they just left our tiny little team alone and let them work on D3 content exclusively.

4 Likes

Why are they even spending time on D2R, isn’t it supposed to be like a museum piece without further development?

At least we could get the one developer that was working on D3 back.

3 Likes

S24 has been dead to me for months now. S25 needs to hit the PTR already. Couldn’t care less about D2 regurgitated.

5 Likes