S23 - Invigoration skill rune now removes all resource costs

It removes Blood & Essence, that’s all ?

What is the big deal ?
Blood Spear, Final Embrace, Life Support, Blood Lance, Dead Storm, Possession currently do not compare with their non-blood alternatives in terms of damage.

Is that for spamming Blood Nova against bosses ?
Is that for spamming Thy Flesh Sustained (+Death’s Bargain pants) ?
Is that for spamming Early Grave during LoD ? (weird)
Is that for spamming Blood Rush during LoD ? (weird)

Spamming Blood Lance is still interesting because it hits twice the target (1 hit with regular Lance + 1 hit with the additional Blood Lance) so maybe it is possible to build a LoD version of Corpse Lance where we stack damage upon hits, for example with Pain Enhancer / Gem of Efficacious Toxin / Mirinae ?

Or is Invigoration meant to be played as Znecro and removes all resources costs even from your allies / companions ?

Is this the one that says the skills cost no essence? I think they did that basically to prevent the interaction with the crimson set. Resource cost reduction translates to damage reduction and with that rune, having no resource cost, actually made the crimson set provide 100% damage reduction.

4 Likes

No way that should work. Removing all resources cost is not the same as “your resource reduction…”

Subtle difference, but there. But this is D3!

It used to work this way: It basically gave you 100% resources cost reduction and if you had crimson’s equiped you got 100% dmd reduction basically for as long as land of the dead was active. Aka you were unkillable. Of that I am pretty sure. You can check wudijo too he made a guide based on that but we all knew that this was unintentional and more like an exploit. There were other issues at times, something could kill you for no reason so you kinda needed final service to be double sure, but it happened very rarely.

1 Like

Honestly, these patch notes are so bad I wouldn’t even be surprised if it was miscoded from “remove all resource cost” to “resource cost reduction = 100%”

This is D3, after all, was the point I was trying to make. Anything’s possible.

3 Likes

AS said, the skill interacted with the Crimsons set making you invincible as long as the skill was up, the skill would give 100% essence reduction. The Crimson set would give you same amount of damage reduction as essence reduction, which egual to 100% damage reduction. They change so it wouldn’t interact any more.

If someone finds the glitch dont report it, would be another reason why we cant have nice things lol.