S22 God DH vs BS Necro

I’m asking this to see whose played this in the past to see what you suggest I play as I usually just play one character a season. Which one in your opinion is better and why. Do they have buggy mechanics or lag the game.

I know they both are considered S tier but everything I find is PC related I’d like some people who have experience playing these classes to give me some input. Ty.

Both do very well in all aspects of the game. A necro will initially level faster to l70 using the curses method but endgame damage wise I think both will be about the same…especially with the clones. Personally I prefer DH which I think plays faster (movement speed)

1 Like

Bone spear works pretty well on console but not spectacular. I found it to be weaker than scythe as TK but better solo mainly because of boss. It did not perform as well for me as it was hyped by pc players but still quite strong.

Cannot speak to dh

2 Likes

Definitely GoD DH. One set for all. For speeds its better as you dont need targeting. For pushing i think BoneSpear is a better. With clones 1 to 70 should be easy, as long as they work the same as on PTR.

1 Like

BS Necro this season will be the number one top solo clear on the boards. GoD DH is very strong but BS Necro in S22 will beat it.

GoD DH serves multiple purposes in T16 farming, speed GR’s etc but then so too does the BS Necro.

BS Necro will outperform GoD DH in solo clears though.

Play which one you want and enjoy! Play the one you are least familar with? Breathe life into your experience of the game?

GoD DH was last season for a lot of players thus BS Necro will be the flavor of the season I suspect for a lot.

1 Like

No. 1 Solo i guess: LoD Reverse Twister Wiz

I tested BoneSpear Speed GR and God DH is superior over BS Necro imo. Just PoJ Monk can keep up.

1 Like

Depends on your playstyle. GoD DH needs all mobs to move fast and gets hungry, if the mobs are missing. necro has no problem with that, but I guess it is harder to find the necessary amulett for the necro, than to find the 9th cirri for the DH.

Play, what feels more like your palystyle. I will play GoD DH since this is alwaysmy main and the Necro with theeth, since it rocks, as soon as you got all pieces.

1 Like

BS Necro will push very high, but so will GoD. GoD is far easier to play. BS Necro requires a very skilled player to be successful with it. Mainly positioning yourself and sims and targeting where you want spears to go. I ran a GR130 with 21k main stat off season so 4th cube slot will bring a lot to the table. I enjoy playing GoD though for bounties and T16, they are super fun.

I’ve tested with triple support in a 140 and it shredded it in 9 mins (with GG festering/coni). RG took 2:45 roughly, which wasn’t that bad. It was not a RG with adds, but I imagine it would be killed more quickly with a RG that spawns adds. With Reilena’s in the mix, its going to crush 150’s as long as you have GG small mobs and good Barb to pixel stack. You will one shot small mobs if the barb can stack enough mobs, this is the most important element. If you have a bad barb, people will say bonespear sucks, but its actually really good. Not to mention, you will not lag as much in meta compared to slow twisters. You also take Zdh over Zmonk for pushing bringing way more dmg to the table. BS Necro brings Gizzard to cover his squirts. Mobs will also not be CC’d to death by Crippling wave tsunami. Even with the buffs to twisters, my group doesn’t plan on running it.

3 Likes

I disagree, I find it quite easy to play actually.

1 Like

Yeah me too, tested it out and I don’t see it is “hard”…for suer positioning etc is important and to get the most out of Area Damage etc but it is still fairly easy to play with.

It’s easy to play but without Haunted Visions the season start can be difficult. I would go the LoD route until you have the amulet. The 4pc only gives you DR.

I’m not a Necro player but will be doing BS Necro this season but what are people generally doing before they get the Haunted Visions amulet as a build?

1 Like

LoD builds. Depends on what weapon you could upgrade @lvl70 and before. LoD is the 1st gem that drops. Before you get 6pc of any set LoD is the way to go like all other classes. I think Mages will work even with yellows. Just stack ressource

2 Likes

Wow I didn’t even know anyone replied. I didn’t get any notifications. Lol thanks blizzard. But awesome input. I am kind of lazy so i like the easiest method possible and was leaning towards DH because it kind of does it all and other than bounties I’ll prob play by myself. Idk anyone who does Meta runs.

But I finally got the plat by playing necro on hardcore(corpse explosion FTW). It was kind of boring tho. Granted exploding sh*t all over screen was awesome. God DH just looks like a ton of fun. Man I’m still stuck.

You guys gave such good input I wish I could just have 2 Haedrigs so I could do both lol. Anyone who plays on ps4 add me. Dizzlekrew. Ty guys so much.

Ps. With DH do I have to stop strafing/lose stacks to get pylons?

I’ll likely be running both, by the end of the season. I like GoD and PoJ for speedruns, but I’m re-evaluating Masquerade. I remember trying the build when the set first came out, and I hated it. I guess some things must have changed, because it’s right up my street now. Or…maybe I just didn’t give it enough of a chance before. Either way.

I guess it would depend on playstyle, like others have said. I tend to prefer a more relaxed playstyle, rather than having to whip my arm all over the desk for hours on end. I guess I’ll probably do GoD/PoJ primarily on console, and Masquerade or Twister Wizard on PC. Depends on what mood I’m in at the time.

I did POJ last season and it was a blast. I stated the season really late and only had about ten days(console season ended a day or two late which was nice) but I got it to around 800 paragon and was loving it. But I like to do something different every season. So I think I’m going to go DH to start and then maybe do necro. I also like a relaxed play style and easiest mechanics possible. I’m no diablo vet and I usually use bluddshed to build around. Also maxroll.gg is a new amazing resource for diablo 3 stuff. Check it out if you haven’t. Enjoy the season start folks. And again if your on ps4 add me Dizzlekrew.

I may do that. At the worst, we might find out we have incompatible playstyles and go our separate ways. Could be a chance to find a regular to run with though. :smiley:

PoJ and GoD are both very capable speedrunners, but I reached a higher level with PoJ and it has less fiddly mechanics. The incorporation of Serenity just made it almost invincible, especially with Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. I found it to be better at pushing than GoD, although I didn’t finish experimenting with either. I think the highest I got was 112 PoJ, can’t remember the Paragon. Ranked somewhere around 800 with it, if I remember correctly. I’d have to check.

So, for me, PoJ is the clear winner here. It’s capable of dual roles, it’s easy to play, and it’s not terribly difficult to gear for. I’m especially excited to find out what that fourth slot will do for us. My thinking is to go for Flying Dragon and hammer the crap out of RCR to support it. If that doesn’t work out, I’m sure I can find something else to fill that hole.

GoD is far easier to play than BS necro. It require timing with curse, Bone armor and positioning with sims. Some will be better than others.

You run Shenlong weapons anything else is irrelevant and wont be used in pushing.

2 Likes

The one that guarantees you never have any resource to use? I’ve never touched it.