S21 Double seasonal bounty caches

The lack of common sense exercised by whoever makes D3 decisions is astounding.

So from the start of the most recent PTR to 1 month after season start, people have been complaning nonstop about how hideous the seasonal effects are, and how it’s made a lot of people sick to the point where they quit the season very soon after its start.

If feedback was completely ignored, it wouldn’t have been that bad. Instead, the CM proudly boasted that the seasonal theme was altered by 0.0000000001% which made no difference whatsoever.

And now they’ve enabled Double Bounty Cache bonus - for SEASON ONLY. It’s not available in non-season so that those sick players can actually enjoy something extra. They instead think this is gonna bring back all those sick players to play more season, and get more sick.

:sunny: :cyclone: :umbrella: :zap: :fire: = :nauseated_face:

So :cloud_with_snow: --> 2 x :gift: :gift: = 2 x :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

I am 110% certain that the 1-2 devs who are still working on D3 and whoever makes the final decisions are sitting in front of their PC’s laughing their heads off at us. This is painfully obviously a blatant troll attempt and a virtual GFY to every single one of us.

Because no intelligent adult in any situation would ever think this is a good idea.

10 Likes

It seems you really REALLY need to play something else. I know it may sound astonishing but some of us actually enjoy this season and, guess what, double bounties makes it even better.

Because no intelligent adult in any situation would ever think posting such garbage is a good idea.

19 Likes

You keep talking about a majority with absolutely 0 proof of such a majority existing. This is not even taking into account your absolutely toxic behavior.

I’m relieved you don’t enjoy it, we don’t want you here. For your sake and ours, please find a game you enjoy.

Thank you.

10 Likes

I enjoy Diablo III but I quit playing my seasonal hero on 9th July due to the lighting effects giving me headaches. Doubling bounty caches won’t get me to return to a game mode that makes me feel ill.

5 Likes

I’m sorry I can’t really relate. I’m usually playing with either music or a movie in the background so the sound doesn’t bother me either.
No where did i say this is going to bring more people in, I’m just stating the obvious and that is for those of us that do play this season, double bounties is a good thing.

4 Likes

Similar camp here — and now playing less in general. Double gobs in non-season would give incentive to sign on more since that season S21 ship has sailed.

Hopefully there are PTR notes coming soon.

all this dude does it complain and provide terrible ideas. i’ve never seen so many people complain about this game because it doesn’t specifically cater to THEIR personal preferences. however, i do agree they need to turn the season themes screen changes completely off. it’s still extremely hard to see when tornados, snow, and area darkening all happen at once

so, yeah, in the mean time find something you enjoy playing.

2 Likes

The personal preferences I’ve mostly seen levelled at this season’s theme is that players would prefer to play the game without lighting changes that cause them headaches / migraines / epileptic fits.

Indeed. I quit the season a month ago. I’ve been playing very little non-seasonal due to the leaderboards having been broken for weeks over on EU so I don’t want to waste any successful pushes by not having them recorded.

I’ve mostly been playing some very casual games from Steam.

1 Like

I’m one of those that didn’t mind the seasonal effects much, even before they nerfed them into the ground.

I get why it was done, but honestly not everyone was affected the same way.

My problem has been time available to play.

The op reminds me of one of these recent protesters: Loud and venting, but ultimately counter productive.

Game on.

3 Likes

It sucks that NS was excluded, but I still have 12K mats of each from the last time. :blush:

1 Like

I happen to think it was a good idea. Double Bounties was VERY popular with players. Double bounties has been requested many many times, including last season when we got double goblins as the added buff.

Sure, I wish it applied to non-season too, but I honestly am very happy seasonal players get one of the most liked buffs.

9 Likes

If they’d turned on the double bounties buff (and it actually worked on all regions) and given us the option to suppress the visuals of the season theme, I’d have happily spent the next two months farming bounties. As it is, the lure of extra bounty caches isn’t going to overcome the fact that the theme’s lighting changes gives me headaches, so I’m mostly playing other games entirely.

3 Likes

It’s nice that they threw us a bone. Hopefully this trend of adding a little perk mid season continues. It’s a nice little boost as the season starts to peter out for a lot of people. The old saying “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth” comes to mind.

3 Likes

Well hopefully next season’s theme won’t cause you any problems.

However, that doesn’t change the fact that those of that have no issue with the current theme , will enjoy having double bounties as well.

2 Likes

let‘s be fair. if this is the case, than these people shouldn‘t be playing at all!

2 Likes

Over eight years, I’ve put in many thousands of hours of Diablo III without a problem. However, I stopped playing less than a week into Season 21 due to the theme giving me headaches.

The issue isn’t the base game, it’s the harsh lighting changes in the theme.

5 Likes

I do know its less obnoxious after the change. If you quit less than a week into it, do you even know if the changes helped?

Just saying since, I don’t know that you tried again after.

It’s obviously a problem with a lot of players. I personally do not like it, yet it hasn’t caused headaches or motion sickness like it has with some.

As for the 2xbounty, I think this is just to give those who stuck it out a little something extra until next season. Let’s be honest, those who leave D3 will come back when the season starts a new or they left for a long break and won’t care what next season will be.

1 Like

First I want to say, ‘Hi MissCheetah I think you are awesome’.
Now I want to completely disagree with you…

“More sugar is very popular with children”…doesn’t make “more sugar” a good idea. The point is to try to get people back into playing seasons. The only people this reaches is people that are still around (still playing or lurking). The people they are trying to reach either don’t know or don’t care. Personally the math works out like this: Two times zero is still zero. I’m done playing season. I have reach the top 100 on the leader board in the past but it’s a lot of work and I just don’t see any point when ‘some’ people use bots. Oh they get removed AFTER they’ve been on the board all season. I don’t know how I’m doing against other ligit players until it no longer maters. Pointless, for that and so many other reasons.

Someone said earlier in this thread, “If you don’t like it then go play another game”. Yup, doing that. I’m only here because that game is currently frustrating me (in a good way) and I’m taking a break. I still love Diablo. I’m just done with all the work.

2 Likes

How do so many people miss the point that there are players who have nearly had epileptic fits because of the seasonal buff? The extra bounty caches is like a company offering you an all you can eat on a buffet line where you’re allergic to everything.

people just wanted the option to turn it off. the problem is not that they’re looking at the gift horse in the mouth, its that they can’t even look at the horse.

7 Likes