S20 Theme question

I am excited about it. It goes without saying that complainers are louder than “accepters”.

3 Likes

Alot of builds are item locked so it’s just a trade off for slight damage or toughness boost for some. Play a necro season 20. There gonna be strong being able to cube 3/4 of there high multiplier weapons. I think they will benefit it most but I agree other classes it’s kinda just meh

1 Like

I think the theme is interesting myself. Unfortunately most of the top end builds are already set in stone and allow for little variation. Some interesting builds will emerge from this though.

2 Likes

Rather than changing Demon Hunters to be able to use 2H weapons, which is a huge and scary change, why not copy the legendary affix of Furnace onto Balefire Caster, a hand xbow? Since no other class can use hand crossbows, no one will be able to ‘double-up’ on the affix. This would also allow the DH version to be tuned separately, if that turns out to be useful. And it makes Balefire Caster more exciting.

3 Likes

I see your point for defensive gameplay.
But just for a second look at a Necromancer…
You could have any 4 (if one handed + phylactery): Rilena’s, Trag’oul’s, Scythe of the Cycle, Bloodtide Blade, Nayr’s Black Death…

~OR~ Messcherschmidt and The Furnace.
The Damage potential is through the roof and that’s just the necro. I do not think it will be asl imited as people think.

For UHE builds in DH with Yang’s - Odyssey’s end, Dawn, Fortress Ballista, Calamity… You get my points. If people go for an all out damage build, what they wear can compensate.

A barb Immortal Kings Build can have all components of HoTA and Seismic slam instead of one or the other. etc etc etc

I think the season will have some interesting build combinations.

One can only dream…

1 Like

It all starts with a dream and/or idea. If we’re vocal enough, they (Blizzard) must Supply what the majority of the players Demand.

(Was that a bit over-the-top?)  

Maybe try experimenting with a few builds/items… I know a build I’m playing next season that NOBODY is looking at, and it’s going to be MAJORLY buffed by the season theme and give top builds a run for their money…

This suggestion isn’t a “season theme” its a “season powerhouse buff” and unnecessary.

How is a flat buff a “crazy seasonal theme”? It’s not. It’s a flat buff that takes no skill/thought process to manage. It’s weak and uninteresting.

Your assumptions invalidate your point. NOBOBY??? prove it, lmao!

You cannot be any more incorrect… It ALREADY was a season theme and pales in comparison to season 19 theme.

everything has been and will be inferior to s19 theme

The s19 theme boils down to “you do more damage and sometimes even more damage”. It wasn’t very interesting. The s20 theme gives you (slightly) more freedom in builds. I’ve already made builds around it, making it more valuable than s19 theme before 20 even starts.

And what are those? =)

1 Like