S19 Theme v Nephalem Glory

How are console players supposed to enjoy to the full the S19 theme that is based on getting a 1,000 hit/kill streak with sliding benefits as you go from 20 to 1,000?

When we have to STOP killing things to reset the Nephalem Glory streaks to then generate the orbs?

It is literally taking the “p”. We now have a theme that magnifies even more how stupid this NG mechanic is.

This is just not fair.

3 Likes

holy Sheet bro. Be a good time for nev to pop in here and tell us what the f are they smoking!!

2 Likes

Some bull s… so our options for s19: attempt to achieve 1000 killstreak to get 100% damage but lose double damage from nephalem glory in the process, or continue with maintaining ng double dame forgoing any dmg bonus from season buff. Oh, lets not forget adding in periodic power attacks that will more than likely do nothing for us but cause massive lag spikes.

And no ones believes when I say they are intentionally doing things to make our situation with NG worse.

1 Like

I’m actually suprised you didn’t have any complaints about the new monk set… its despicable. No damage mitigation from any of the set bonuses. The set requires the use of tempest rush, but doesn’t increase the damage of tempest rush. The legendary helmet for it is laughable, it only gives 100% damage increase IF sweeping wind only hits 1 target. Yeah cuz sweeping wind(an AoE skill) can easily be focused on just one mob… oh so another legendary helm that will require the monk to use the RoRG. All while providing less damage output than the LoD + elemental bonuses. Did i mention theres no damage mitigation built into the set bonuses? So looks like required unity( again). But hey at least the skills we will use will change, i mean 1 of them at least. Wave of light becomes tempest rush.

1 Like

To be honest I was so lost for words on the S19 theme that I looked at the Monk set, saw Tempest Rush and thought…“Meh…but what about the S19 theme and NG?”.

I’m still in disbelief they have added a theme that literally cannot be used to any great benefit on console.

The chance of seeing any blue on the Console forums with BlizzCon coming up ain’t going to happen…heck they have been here once since the forums were revamped.

Rift Guardian mate, it will be very useful for that. The Vengeful Wind stacks to 10 instead of 7 is pretty insane, will make T16 even faster and easier via SunWuko WoL.

Lol 4 man GRs wont have any issues with kill streaks and Neph Globes like usual. Globes be dropping with 400+ kill streaks.

That being said Homer, u might just do what i did in S13 and in S14… Non Season solo GR pushing. Might do that in S19

Honestly i cant wait til the Sesason ends and gear transfers over cuz i got me a nice primal Shenlong Fist and will finally have 2 primal Shenlongs Fist… Been trying simce Season 11 to get 2 usable primal Shens

Agreed. I wasnt impressed with the new Monk set either. Looks like another speed/farming build.

Like Gen Monk no built in damage reduction with the set or used in the build… Dropping Assimilation for Epiphany is way too much DPS loss with Gen Monk and not worth it all.

New Monk might fit in Mantle of Channeling and Taeguk. The extra armor from Taeguk isnt huge on an Armor class char but it does help out with some toughness… WW barb uses Taeguk and it helps alot.

They need to buff the Harmony passive to at least 50% and increase the values of the Mantras for starters…

I have 2 seperate tempest rush builds put together in off season, both have significantly higher damage mit than the new set will be able to have, and they are still squishy. One is LoD and the other is sunwuko, both use taeguk and have 50k+ life per hit. It is a struggle maintaining health above gr 105. LoD gets 52% dmg mit from gem, 50% from epiphany, 50% from aquilla, 50% from unity, and 25% from mantle. Sunwuko is getting 50% from 2 piece bonus, 50% from unity, 50% from epiphany, 50% from captain crimsons, and 50% from aquilla in cube. The actual peoblem is that the life per hit doesn’t seem to apply on every hit.

But, back to original topic…

This s19 seasonal buff is worrhless on console, even when just farming. We rarely achieve 400+ killstreaks, and transitioning from one floor to another takes so long to load that 99% of the time your killstreak will drop while loading. This will be especially true now that they have nerfed the thorns necro to the dirt by limiting bone ringer stacks to a max of 60. Whew at least the crusader shield if fury didnt get the same nerf. .

Additionally, in grs, we dont get a permanent x2 damage buff like pc. We have to fight the mechanics of NG. What we have to do to maintain the double damage from NG is counterintuitive to the seasonal buff for s19. The only situation that we will be able to benifit from this is in 4 man with a glory globe support monk/barb. Even then, it is still wise to drop kill streaks to ensure full 3 min of NG for the rift guardian.

this is what upset me… because seriously it DO NOT take a genius or D3 super dober hardcore fan to understand this but for god sake AT LEAST just play the game for a few hours or few minutes to implant stuffs in D3.

• 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
  • 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
  • 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
  • 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause
  • 1000 Kills: ???

now in GR how are we going to kill 1K minions? which level or place you expect us to do that… are you going to create an open space where all these minions gather??

if you want to make BS content make it like a click bait… like killing 1K minions in GR drops 13x primals on yr existing player that clear…or additional 2K Paragon once done… because players might actually go for this BS & lie to themselves PLEASE do not let me go to floor two.

Seriously if you want to act like you care please at least play the game for a while to understand what is happening.

Still, the fact that you have to pick up glory globes is an inconvenience and hinderment to rift progression even in a 4man. If your damage dealer goes down you lose all the damage you should be dealing until your support monk can spawn one. It’s a stupid problem console has dealt with forever and the spawn rate on glory globes from promise of glory blind goes down the higher your massacre goes so it’s still an inconvenience. Plus solo is gonna have no season buff which is retarded.

1 Like

Actually the Globe rate doesnt go down from Promise of Glory the higher the kill streak.

Whats going on is the Neph Globes stop dropping completely after 300 or so. After that you are relying 100% on Promise of Glory and Way of the Hundred Fist for Globes. Also when a monster has dropped a Neph Globe from ur Promise Glory, it wont be able to drop 1 again for a certain amount of time. So if ur staying on a pack for too long they will drop less.

U dont need to worry about ur kill streak if ur zmonk if u got cdr on every slot possible and the right attack speed. Not saying u cant let the kill count reset if u get an opportunity.

Hey Hellman, its me Richman… Lots of incorrect information goes around on the ps4.

Im sure u heard people say all u need is health globe bonus and cooldown for zmonk. Thats wrong becuase u need 7% attack speed on ur swords and 2 other spots minimum.

Another thing thats untrue im sure u heard people say is if 2 people wear Stricken they cancel each other out and thats why the wizard doesnt wear Stricken. Thats also false…

Ive cleared plenty of non meta 125+ with no RGKs and the ONLY way to clear them was with BOTH trash clearers equip a Stricken. We had to play like a solo push and to kite elites

Yah unfortunately the Life per Hit affix is misleading. It should be called Life per Cast. Which sux for channeling …

WW for example does a certain amount of ticks per cast or spin. If im not mistaken it spreads your life per hit across those ticks. So if WW did 3 ticks with 1 cast it would divide ur lph by 3 and u would get that with every hit. Luckily though the Blood Funnel i rune heals us for 1% of HP per crit. If im not mistaken it heals per tick.

Tempest Rush is channeling too so it needs a bigger heal mechanic

stricken info

Stricken works on an internal calculation… so if I can attack 3times in 1 sec stricken STILL DOES NOT stack 0.4% in 1sec but still in 1sec you only stack 0.2% DMG regardless on how many IAS you have done.

So this is why even 4 players Attack RG regardless it dun count as 0.4% per second but still it is 0.2% per second.

WHOEVER WEAR STRICKEN get the stacks now if you are the only one wearing stricken. the rest of the 3 players is hitting RG for 2mins. you go in & attack/nuke/kill RG it still counts as 0.2% like wise if your support & you is wearing stricken, your support is building up stacks for you for 2mins, now you go in you get whatever stacks it is not 0.2% even if it is your first hit on RG.

Again I have test this myself when I begin Co Op in S10 or S11 but as you know changes might arise

but in any way I never heard stricken would cancel out each other as mention you get your own stacks so how can you cancel out each other? I do XX.XX% than when a player comes in get 0.2% on their first hit I start to get 0.3% on next hit?? dun make sense in any way.

but maybe if you say I get XX.XX% regardless a player comes in 0.2% yes maybe I still do XX.XX% whereas the player does 0.3% on next hit/attack but as I mention sticken has it’s own CDR so regardless you have the MAX IAS in game or how many players attack it really does not matter. Seriously imagine any1 thinks stricken stacks on IAS holy crap I make a 3 players IAS build than the DPS just nuke. Dun think any RG can last in more than 1min :stuck_out_tongue:

How are we gonna get those kill streaks??? Lol by not intentionally killing ourselves because its the only way to reset our kill count hahaha

U know… When u get that BIG silver spire floor with those big connecting rooms or a nice Festering filled with swarms and grotesques, or winged assasins and armored destroyers, or the screen fulls of hulks and zombies.

Then u get so excited and not even pay attention to ur kill count because ur gaining so much progression… Then u start falling behind and wondrring WTF is going on!!! Then realize ur at 500 kill streaks and have no double damage. Then u try skippong to the exit and try to reset ur kill count. But ur losing too much time and uncovering pylon spawn points and say f*** it and kill yourself.

Then u pull a Richman and not move ur fat fingers fast enough on that 1st death and revive at the last checkpoint…

Rant is over now lol

1 Like

@SpinningFury

wrong post I guess LOL seriously I guess this is made by someone who NEVER play D3 before came from OW WOW or SCII or maybe HS than was told to go D3 & make something.

As mention if you do not want to show care or love in D3 at least pretend by making every1 think you care… I would just play D3 at least for hours or maybe an hour…

because when you make it official it actually shows you are just typing this on your desk without actually playing D3 at all.

btw I am so hype over the NEW CRU SET … so if I equip it on arkan set may I know what difference is that.

Seriously I dun want to be rude but can I PAY YOU BLIZZ like $20 for a DLC crusader set but we all take advise on the players who actually play CRU 24/7 & knows everything. We create our own NEW CrU set we just pass you our ideas & you just need to make them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhh yah ive done lots of Stricken testing myself. Matter of fact ive had to explain how Stricken works to lots of of people. Some people still thougjt it had proc coeffients still

Lots of people claim tjat Stricken cancels esch other out. In pretty sure back when they were reworking Stricken it was bugged during some testing temporarily but was fixed long ago.

I remember last Season i did a 4 man with 2 supports and 2 twister wizards. Now 1 of the wizards was very positive we couldnt clear it with both wizards wearing Stricken so i went along… Sure enough we failed beciase RG took forever. But that wasnt convincing enough so tjey wanted to try again and failed lmao…

Basically it wpuld like making a Condemn crusader take out the the RG by himself in a full game.

I did many 3 man GRS running support for my Condem Sader and Twister Wiz friend back in S14 and we cleared some 125+. Both Twister Wiz and Condem Sader both suck at taking out RG… There is no way we wouldve cleared it unless both had Stricken on.

@Teresa

Actually im pumped up for the Barbs next Season. How many years has it been since Rend has been useless??? Forever. Honestly all tjese years the 6 piece Wastes set was more like a 4 piece set that took 6 gear slots lol. Honestly the new Devs LISTENED to the barb community this time. I remember when the old Devs made new legendary powers for Lamentatiom and Saffron Wraps and the Barb community had to explain to the Devs wjy those items are useless

Honestly how is new Sader set though??? I dont know much bout Saders but a few basics. Ur the Sader/DH person around these parts

actually it makes sense if you think about it 0.1% how many builds esp DH multishot… holy crap imagine MS getting 1% dmg per hit… DH easily can stack (if it is true going by per hit) less than 30sec DH is already doing extra 100% DMG seriously it be the most broken & the must have Lgem in game. So it make sense stricken has it’s own CDR obviously

Really glad barb has something to look forward so glad for you :slight_smile:

Cru sadly is crap too soon to tell but IMO if I use new set 2pc & 6Pc arkan hybrid it be much better so it make the new 6pc new Cru set look stupid

the new “rework” in crusader forum for that new set is looking more promising than Blizz is currently doing right now again .

I hate builds items that says do xx% dmg when 10 or more enemies or you need to stack them. I seriously dun care if you hit 10 enemies & you do 1K dmg. than on a single enemy you do 100dmg.

I rather they cap it to 500dmg be it 1 or 100 enemies seriously. Player like constant dmg not make believe dmg.

btw have fun in next season :0 happy grinding

Let me offer at least a half apology to Blizzard.

The Pandemonium S19 theme has its own kill streak mechanic (little icon above health that has your kills) and it seems this kill streak takes longer to drop than the normal kill streak mechanic.

What this means is you can drop the normal kill streak so you can generate NG orbs but not lose your Pandemonium buff.

So thanks for that Blizzard.

If you visited the Console Forums you could have posted that was the case and we’d have been happier.

A little communication goes a long way…it is sad we had to figure this out ourselves.

2 Likes