S17 Lon Builds viable once Season Finishes

So i really enjoy playing LoN. I know its not endgame worthy yet. However some of the S17 setups have really shined.
How many of these once you have to equip the LoN rings again will actually still be viable though

Most if not all. Just not as powerful. And may even drop a few tiers in power. Most notably Sader’s Blessed Shield Build.

I’m playing around with a Necromancer Death Nova Build that can do in the mid 90’s. Given that it’s intended as a T16 GRift Key Farmer, that’s pretty good.

However, it requires three Legendary Rings. Brigg’s Wrath, Convention of Elements, and Krysbin’s Sentence. Taking two of those away, will break the build. Either it will play like it does now and deal about 1/4 the damage, or will play almost nothing like it does now and deal about half the damage.

Either way, it will probably struggle in T16 after the season is over without the LoN Buff.

i play wol monk and i will miss just unity ring. otherwise i will be too squishy and will need higher paragon. but build itself will be viable for sure.

Its really easy to compare. Find comparable LoN ring set and equip and see how the build performs. NRs, T16 and bounties shouldn’t be affected. GR pushing will lose quite a few higher levels because toughness/dmg will be effected.

I too am enjoying the WoL Monk. You will lose both the Unity (toughness boost) and CoE (elemental dmg boost) if favor of the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (CDR).

Its actually a great time to level Legenday gems as high as possible while the LoN buff is active.

1 Like

Well most of new builds that become playable because of s17 theme will not be played anymore.

For example Jade harvester will become better than lon carnevil.

Some builds will still be S tier like Lon star pact.

sucks lon singularity will not shine anymore :frowning:

Don’t forget, once off season You’ll get paragon boost. That might help a lot for all the X factor you need. Dex,Int,Str.

LoN fire condemn crusader will still be viable. Necro mages, probably not so much.

They should keep this great buff permanently and kick the ring-set out of the game.

4 Likes

there is always the zuni version of that build

For Barbs?

None. At least, not without substantial buffs, which we cover here: 2.6.6 Barbarian Community Buff Proposal

Currently, the best LON build for Barbs is LON HOTA, and it’s pretty strong in Season. But once we have to equip those rings, we’ll lose about 4 GR tiers, possibly more.

LON Frenzy Thorns is, at present, pathetic, barely able to do GR 105.

Here’s hoping 2.6.6 brings some love to Barbs!

2 Likes

All of them. Yes, all of them.

It certainly was nice to have the variety of choice this season. Even still it only opened up a few higher running builds per class. Perhaps the rings should be given an extra random modifier so they might be desirable on their own, and as such, present even more variety in build creation.

They could always introduce new Legendary Gems that can be augmented into an item to act like On/Off switches that gives Seasonal RoRG or LoN powers when equipped. Then the builds would still be viable … to continue the FUN … Or even better, make it a seasonal achievement reward for finishing Guardian level (making it a seasonal only exclusive … like a physical cosmetic).

1 Like

My WoL monk will still function fine, and still be pretty strong.

However, I will lose Unity/CoE. Which is probably giving me a few extra gr levels right now.

From a DH perspective, the only viable end-game LoN build (for pushing high GR) is the Rapid Fire build. After the season is over, it still will work but loses 2 of the following 3 rings: Convention of Elements, Elusive Ring, and Unity. Two of those rings are defense-oriented (with the Elusive Ring providing superior toughness), so toughness will take a hit no matter the choice.

The end result for LoN RF after Season 17 is a loss of 33% dps (lose the 1.5x average CoE buff) and 50% toughness (lose the 2.0x Unity buff), OR a loss of 80% toughness (lose the 2.0x Unity and 2.5x Elusive buff)!

I think that when the season ends Natalya’s RF will be the more attractive option moving forward even though it is a more clunky build. This is especially true if the RF snapshotting bug gets fixed (which was another one of the reasons LoN was stronger since you don’t need to interrupt channeling).

LON should be endgame. Sets should be starter. So much potential this game had and cause of sets it just turned to garbage