Running GR's with a monk

So I was running GR120’s with a support monk and 2 others, and the first game was OK, we got a decent time. Then in the second game the monk ran ahead and I followed, but the others found an elite pack and got killed a couple of times. We got the rift but not by much.
Who was at fault? The monk for missing the elites or the others for not following? The latter, I suppose.

The fault is bad communication, some layouts needs more planning than others and you can’t just speed ahead. Missing several elites sounds like lazy/tired players, unless the affixes were too much to handle.

3 Likes

Monk should have known the pack behind him was engaged fighting, since they weren’t following him. Why else would they be lagging behind? You both should have turned back as soon as you noticed they weren’t behind you.

2 Likes

zMonk is support and not the leader.

Fire that monk and get another one that knows he/she is to support the team.

If the elites are to be skipped, after a moment of finding out they are the difficult juggs that take too long to kill, then that is communicated.

Use Discord or the excellent Blizzard Launcher Voice chat to communicate easily.

1 Like

This was in public games so you just go with whoever turns up, and Discord would be off. I thought the monk should be the leader to get there first, pick up the elites and trigger the pylons, then everyone else piles in. Maybe different in meta groups.

That very much depends on the group and the meta you’re doing.

1 Like