Runewords on single player

Ok I am all on board for keeping ladder only runewords ladder only on multiplayer, but why does blizzard want to keep them off of single player?

To me it makes no sense at all since your not even interacting with other players and everything is self find. DO you think it would be a good idea to make all runewords available on Single player without any form of mod?

11 Likes

Their reasoning is it keeps ladders engaging as you want to collect said items, and either trade up when ladder ends and you get on the normal market, or you want to go again on the ladder. I can see the reasoning but I don’t think they need to do it either, I’m sure there will be ladder engagement either way but that’s what they said.

That makes sense for a ladder non ladder incentive I am referring to offline single player as opposed to just playing alone in a Private game

2 Likes

Oh I agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think, there are enough motivations to go online and play the ladder. I want runewords offline aswell

9 Likes

I’m fine with or without. I will mod single player to my liking anyway, but I think it would be good for those who don’t want to mod things.

1 Like

Modding single player should be super simple, so it doesn’t really matter what the default is and I guess they will not change the default. If anyone wants ladder runeword in single player, just spend several minutes to get the mod.

1 Like

The ladder only runewords were incentive for people to play ladder. That toon and whatever you make carry over to open when ladder ends.

Thats not true for consoles thought.

Since its literally no effort, it would be amazing if Blizzard would enable them beforehead.

2 Likes

What makes you think you will be able to mod D2 Resurrected? I’m not so sure. But that is beside the question. There is no reason to restrict runewords for single player {non multiplayer not just playing solo in a private game). There wasn’t a reason originally and there is surely no reason today.

No one is saying to allow it for multiplayer. It’s in single player that all runewords should be allowed. You’re playing alone and your character is saved locally (at least currently). The gear you have affects only you. I mean, today you can use mods and editors to do just about anything for your single player character. You could even make a bow called Edge with all the characteristics of the runeword Edge. There is no reason for Blizzard to be so obtuse except that, well, it is Blizzard.

Yea after 20 years i think it would be a good idea to finally make ladder runewords available in singleplayer. I don’t see why they shouldn’t do it, you are playing offline all alone isolated in singleplayer. I would welcome it greatly. And like i said many times, people don’t play ladder for the only ladder runewords, they play it for tons of other reasons like fresh start, fresh economy, trading, interacting with others, ladder board, pvp, and so on.

2 Likes

I think the best argument for this is consoles. Lots of ppl will want to play d2 on the switch handheld when they aren’t connected. They should definitely add rws to sp

3 Likes

Modding has already been confirmed as supported.

1 Like

Not for consoles though.

1 Like

Maybe so, but the Runes,txt mod does not work for some people on Windows 10. So Blizzard could just allow all runewords in single player mode and be done with it. IMO there never was a good reason not to allow it initially.