Rollback server to reroll stats + dupe in D2R:A glitch

As seen in the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29bLrynv_I8

Multiple alpha players have already found that you can easily crash your game by teleporting or telekenisis’ing into a TP and rollback the save a few minutes.

This allows you to exploit things like rerolling runewords infinitly until you get that perfect roll. There are more than likely other ways to crash the game on command that would have the same effect. This type of exploit has also been known to be a popular duping method.

I hope Blizzard takes care to find and resolve all of these exploits; or finds a way to better sync up the client and server data so that when crashes do occur; rollbacks do not happen.

4 Likes

I am starting to think it was bad idea to build it on top of old game and code.

2 Likes

thats the point of the alpha, report it in game not on forums.

5 Likes

Why because of a single game crash ? Its alpha get over it

Yup.

Crashing the game to reroll runewords on bnet could possibly be a thing in the future if they miss any of those bugs. We already seen it before. It could also be used for dupes as you said, I’m sure they’ll fix it though!

For the future… when you find a bug like this that results in dupes, you’re not supposed to tell everyone how to do it.

Well, there are easier ways to cheat in single player.

As long as this isn’t possible in online play, I don’t see a problem with it (besides that game crashes are annoying ofc).

2 Likes

Its not just that, its multiple things.

plz go back playing d3
is a alpha

1 Like

Someone just tried to replicate this with no success, seems like this was exploit was hot fixed for current build v 1.15.0.62115.

sweet.

For everyone saying its alpha; Duh.

This is an open forum for discussion.
I like to discuss things. There is no harm is talking about how players abuse the system. Maybe just for friendly conversation, maybe to find insight into other similar exploits that need fixing.

Move along troll. I stopped playing D3 3 weeks after it was released and i realized it was a shell of the series former glory.

1 Like

Guys - No need to be rude.

Regarding the issue, the crash is a known issue and will be addressed which will fix rollback crashing and people exploiting this.

29 Likes

PezRadar for president, LET ME IN…!

Is Blizzard still inviting more players to playtest Technical Alpha?

Let me in please i want to stream too!

I mean… How else am I supposed to perm my SoJ when none of my friends are on? :slight_smile:

Welcome to the D2R forum.

4 Likes

Your main must be a necro.