Rocket Storm vs Drifting shadow. And Ballistics

oof

I wish they would tighten up the ranges on the required quivers like Cirri, DML…

1 Like

Thank for your help. I just got a bow, with fotress. 2.9%. but with ballistic passive which everyone here is against. Is that better than my old piercing bow with ambush? I don’t know how to post my gear, sorry about that.

Plus I ran through rifts with CoE now that I havew the fortress, but I feel more comfotable with elusive. Not sure if Elusive is better, but I die less and I still kill and finish the rift just as fast.

I am going to try out squirts ammy on lower rifts to get used to it.

Piercing and ambush is very strong. You can get by with a useless passive on the ethereal but it’s not optimal. Your online web profile seems not up to date.
A reason that you die so easy could be that you’re probably low on vitality since you don’t have it on pants and helmet.

I like the tankiness of Elusive Ring with GoD as well. Using it over CoE is only about a 3 GR tier loss. A loss but if you’re more comfortable with Elusive and keep Squirt’s up better with it, then go ahead and use Elusive Ring.

I’m quite happy to go without CoE in non-season. And like you said, when your farming 110’s or what not, the difference is barely noticeable.

In other words, for a more laid back way of playing, Elusive is great. Only if you want to optimize the build should you feel required to use CoE.

In fact, I encourage you to use what you feel most comfortable with. It’s all about fun. If you’re having fun, then you’re doin’ right!

Edit:

And if I’m reading you right and you got a “bow” as in a Windforce Eth, Windforce only buffs Archery Skills. Which mean it’ll buff your Strafe but do nothing for Hungering Arrow where, as we’ve established, is where principally all your damage comes from.

Optimally you want either a Buriza 2 hand crossbow or Doomslinger 1 hand crossbow as they buff all DH skills. Doomslinger to a lesser extent and is a weaker weapon besides because it doesn’t come with a damage affix (800-1000 damage as example) in the list of affixes. But still it’s better than Windforce for GoD.

I’ll look into that. I am not sure about my profile since I keep messing around with things. My paragon points have me at +200 vitality atm. My health is like 450K. I don’t really die easy, I just notice a difference with certain gear.