RMT & D2JSP - Big problem - Please read

What i find really funny is pepole who have a foot in D2JSP are comming in masses in the forum. To talk about the fact that RMT is part of the game and blizz shoudnt do something about it. But the thing is they keep promoting our Topic to top topic for DAYS. LOLL

3 Likes

I mean yeah that’s how all game forums go.

You think it’s the casuals who go to game forums to state their opinions? Hell no. Casuals get run off by the swarms of hardcore dedicated people who do nothing but sit on the forums all day. In this case it’s especially bad. You can instantly identify the people who have been playing D2 for the last 20 years nonstop and who don’t want D2R to bring in new players, they only want the game to cater to existing D2 players.

Which is against the Devs’ philosophy to begin with.

But no, personally, I don’t like RMT, and I don’t like shared loot. I’ll still play the game! But odds are I won’t play with strangers very much.

Still, people need to realize that RMT is as much a part of D2 as shared loot and open trading. You cannot keep shared loot and open trading but get rid of RMT. No game with trading can get rid of RMT. If they could, WoW and FFXIV would not have RMT anymore, but they do. Them’s the breaks.

2 Likes

You’re not going to stop D2JSP and other 3rd party selling websites, because you can make money there.

You can slow it down a bit with an in-game trading post type platform which will make both trading and gauging the current market values (in runes/pegems) of items easier.

1 Like

Like I already explained in a topic I made about d2jsp blizzard does not want to stop d2jsp who is 90% of it’s community and made this game survive for last 20 years. People don’t want to start from scratch every ladder reset and that precisely why d2jsp will always exist. Have you guys ever played a season without botting and experienced a character with the best stuff he could wear ?? First, most ppl will make a sorc for mf, then a smite for ubbers, then maybe after I geared thoses I would like to play a class I never played or make a pvp champion Oh the season is about to end… SO a new ladder reset!! let’s do the same things again and again! I mean it’s actually impossible for a casual player to experiment the fun aspect of the game if they always start from scratch. That why the currency concept is what the community really need. If ppl here tell me it’s not the case they are a part of that 10% casual players who never really experimented the game.

Now what blizzard MUST do if they want to counter that godly currency system is to do the same and it is the only way to bring back ppl from d2jsp to d2r. I’m sorry but if I ended my season with 150 fgs at least I know I will save a lot of time for the next ladder and will be able to finally play another class than sorc and smite pally. And now if they really do a 3 months ladder which I am against (I would prefer 6 months) then gl having a pvp char lvl 99 LOL.

The question people would ask is how do we get that currency? Excelent question, I don’t know but a currency system need to start somewhere… If we can’t gain from a legal source it will just be the same as d2jsp. So imagine a system clearing hell mode give your 10 of this currency (to prevent people farming character they should fix the grush system) on your blizz accunt to trade in their in-game forum. And really important, we need to keep the market place A FORUM and NOT an AUTION HOUSE. Auction house would destroy the essence of the game itself. D2 is a legendary game but it’s trade system always lacked. I liked the ‘‘trade items’’ concept that will always exist but ppl want a currency that will never fade. It’s a reality that won’t change. If blizzard don’t add this system I guarantee you that d2jsp will rules again over d2r, and it will be all blizzard’s fault if they don’t take seriously this warning. READ THIS MESSAGE PLZ, THIS IS HOW MOST OF YOUR OLD COMMUNITY THINK.

There’s always going to be people spending money on a game like Diablo II to save the tens of hours required to fully gear up even in a thriving trading economy. That’s something we will all have to live with.

Getting rid of PUBLIC bots is priority #1. If they can monitor not only the server for botting signatures, but also find the programs and dissect how they work in order to make sure they have to keep being patched and patched and patched, eventually those willing to give away free bots to the public will give up. That’s the key.

The type of people that RMT, are the type of people that want to run bots. Keep them from having access to bots, and over time they’ll either learn to play legit, or leave.

2 Likes

They can’t stop it.

/thread

1 Like

If you ban people for RMT? It would die instantly.

How are they going to know who to ban? The only thing Blizzard can see it two people entering a game and one giving the other item(s). That’s it. Everything else happens outside of Blizzards view. They cant see who got the forum gold, they can’t see they used that forum gold to buy a different games item which can be sold for real money.

Yeah and if they banned cheaters it would stop cheating instantly.

Oh wait.

You honestly don’t think people would stop using jsp, if there was a big risk of getting their battle.net banned? LOL k

No I don’t. Hence why you see RMT all over the gaming world.

Would it still exist - yes
Would it be less relevant and used - yes
that matters too you know? Doesnt have to be black and white.
I obviously smell the d2jsp users getting offended in here.

2 Likes

I hate JSP and never use it. Nice ad hominem.

You sound like the people that think botting won’t happen either. They literally can’t stop this stuff.

This is a good point, how do they ban people in WoW for RMT?
Nonetheless, it is possible to a certain degree.
If someone continues to recieve ‘free goods’? ‘says hello this is mark2020 @jsp’
multiple ways.

Well, they could see if messaging in game is seen by Blizzard. Example:
Fred: Fred from d2jsp. 20fg for your 20 P Gems.
Frank: Frank from d2jsp. 20 P Gems for your 20fg.
Both: T4t!
If Blizzard was able to see all messaging then they could possibly ban accounts associated with any d2jsp trading. But, there would always be a work around because they would initiate the trade beforehand on d2jsp forums, and enter a game without saying a word in game, but just to trade the items without any messaging.

Imagine defending d2jsp this much, and saying you’re not a d2jsp user.

Bots will happen, and they’ll be running from day 1, due to really good coders working on it already in beta-stage. Hopefully they’ll find methods to fight it, and not leave it ‘free’ like wowclassic.

4 Likes

I am not defending it at all. I am saying blizz literally cannot stop it.

JSP is trash and the people who use it make the game worse.

2 Likes

Y’all acting like you know how to fix RMT but Blizzard over there has had RMT issues in WoW for 10+ years despite actively banning hundreds of accounts every single day.

Maybe they should hire you? :V

Or maybe you have no idea what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

I was going to say then they’ll start using code words or nothing at all, but you got it. I doubt they are going dredge through JSP’s forums to catch these trades.

JSP users are already soiling themselves enough with the enhanced security of the game moving over to the modern Battle.net servers. Goodbye bots, at least for a while.

Exactly this lol. It’s so funny how these guys think they are the first ones to think “hey maybe they should stop this”.

It all still exists because… they can’t!