RMT & D2JSP - Big problem - Please read

Bartering items for other items and high-runes in game is perfectly acceptable currency. The main drawback is the majority of the player base doesn’t understand the actual value of runes. The average unlearned D2 player just thinks a high rune = high rune. “How many HR is that worth?”

When every high rune itself has its own distinct value based on demand. The highest being Ber, followed closely by Jah then > Sur > Lo > Ohm/Zod > Cham/Vex.

I would be fine with an abstract currency being implemented (such as how fg works) just so long as it disappears after ladder reset and can’t be bought with real money.

Blizzard could stop the bots in D2 if they really wanted. It would cost some. But having game managers in servers 24/7 it is real easy to see the bots. Keep banning them eventually they will get tired of paying 40 $ every week. And for multiple offenders IP ban them.

Was thinking about an ingame currency as well. But, where would it come from? Giving all players X amount of that currency at season start can’t be the thing. So how would you start integrating it into the game?

Similarly how they implemented respec token that drop from the act bosses. The trick for any currency though is it can’t be useless (or almost useless) like gold. They could implement a “currency” item that can be gambled at a vendor and the return could be anything based on the amount traded.

Let’s hypothetically use a 1:10k drop chance for the currency item.
Trading 10x to Gheed will give you back a random rune Vex - Zod with a heavier weight towards the lower runes.
80% chance (Vex - Sur)
20% chance (Ber - Zod)
Another gamble could be 2x for any random TC87 Unique

Typical trash idea which will kill the game.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, without anything to get players to come back after a couple seasons, the game will kill itself.

2 Likes

Good news.
We do not want casual and unexperienced players kill the game just to play it for 4 months and leave it because
“it’s too hard, my barbarian do 0 dmg”
“i don’t understand why i don’t get any high runes”

1 Like

You should get into politics, either far left or right, no compromise or ideas of improvement.

You should wait for diablo4, or spam D4 forums if you want ideas of improvement then.
Because here, we want to play Diablo 2 RESURECTED.
We do not want “Diablo 2 : Resurected for noobs and casu”
We do not want D3 like, or any other game like; WE WANT DIABLO 2.

You assume everyone on here is a casual noob, but in reality there are those who have played just as much as you like to hint at or crush your hours played like it is nothing. I think you fall into the latter on this one…

I assume people asking to get high runes by a very easy way, like you suggest, are casual yes.
I assume peple asking for removing immunity @hell difficulty are noobs yes
I assume people asking for charm inventory, personnal loots are casuals or noobs yes.
And you know what? Noob or casual are not insult.
Diablo 2 is not an easy game, everyone is a noob at start. We do not want an easy game, let diablo 2 as it is.
And casual players which ask for easy high runes or very rare items to be non rare will kill the game yes, like diablo3.
To remember, diablo 3 : you are full stuff in 3 days. AMAZING.

We do not want this.

I have seen players with double my playtime but still strugle with even hell diff. Playing so much like a pro dosent makes you automaticly good with the game. In world of tanks i have seen players with 50k games having 500-600 wn8. But thx for another weak argument.

If you can do math, that is not at all an easy way to get a high rune. It would take on average 100,000 kills in order gamble for the right high rune and far more than that to get a jah/ber. The same would be for the TC87 item which there are about 29 of them and only about 3 are worth something if they roll well. The whole topic of this thread is to combat trading forums which already put an arbitrary currency on game items. I hope an in game item actually becomes the currency so I don’t have to trade on d2jsp, but as it stands arbing in game trades to d2jsp will be better than getting drops in game.

Ok casu, thanks for your participation, you can now wait for diablo4.

High runes are “easy” farmable with travincal, but noobs and casu do not know this and just hope they’ll found their jah and ber in 3 days.
The rarity of items is WHAT MAKE items rare and make you proud to own them.
What’s the goal to play a D3 like where everyone is full stuff/clone within 3days?

For me, it’s not about getting any currency (like HRs now) any easier. For me it’s the question of available space. As long as we are not limited to any stash size (and I really doubt we won’t be), I’m fine using Runes as a currency. But at the moment I am limited to have any currency I am more to use FG from JSP.

One more aspect for me is the flexibility: With a fixed currency I can simply buy the stuff I want to. With loads of different runes I might have the problem to have enough wealth in runes to buy an item, but may have the problem to not own the proper one. So I need to exchange those ones first, being in the depency someone wants to exchange my rune. This can take a long time to find someone and as a grown up with work, family and pets, I don’t have that time or at least I am not interested in investing that time where I could better be playing the game.

Every item in the game is “easy” farmable, just need to kill the npc that can drop that item. As for travincal farming, it may be a nice quick static layout, but my logs say chaos runs are far superior to trav for high runes.

Luckily, D2R shouldn’t have a dupe problem because of modern Bnet and fixing exploits. D3 for example doesn’t have dupes so that issue, at least, should be solvable.

But completely agree on botting and RMT incentives. Very difficult issue with no clear solution other than BoA which is a non-starter w/ D2 playerbase.

This won’t be a problem for most botters on JSP and Auto shops on D2JSP as they have well over 100k FG in their bank, just from botting/duping and selling these items in the market again.

Some of you are confusing botting and multiboxing in WoW.
Botting is WoW has stopped to be profitable because multiboxing is much better and despite Blizzard banning it people still do it.
Get 30 accounts gathering herbs and within 2 hours it will make more money for you than any other bot and you can multi-server it.

Botting in D2:R will be however different, currently in D2 you’re a random email adress and a random account name with a game license for 3 euros.

In D2:R however you have to link your account to battle.net.
Normally Blizzard asks for private information for the account to be operational and banning you for botting will lock entire account and game license.

I recently popped up to Diablo 2 and saw lots of bots selling items.
For barely $7 i could get best items possible.
Do you really think it will be profitable to ban license of 40 euros in exchange for 10 euros profit?
If Blizzard act regularly on it then it might not be profitable to bot.

I think the only solution is to have a better system like d2jsp. Let’s be honest D2jsp is basically pretty crappy, without additional programs etc. it is very difficult to set an item … I have to look carefully what I have to manually enter the stats and then be permanently active on the page to see if someone is Interested in it. I have a modest search system and if you have parr chars full of items I also have to know which char it is on … Of course, blizzard now wants to leave d2r classic, which is a good thing. But because we get bigger chests and the runes are stackable, we can also trade more expensive items in-game (e.g. 20 stacks Jah-Rune vs Item XY). A good move would be if we got an official trading page for D2r (similar to Poe), which could for example also be inserted in-game instead of the chat with an additional tab. On an officer side, Blizzard had the upper hand again. They could make trading and finding items easier / better, which would automatically lead to the extinction of sites like D2jsp!