[river] unexpected error

I’m having the same issue. Radar pre leak causing d3 to crash. I’ve done every system/ram scan under the sun to no avail.

Hey river,

Can you provide a DxDiag?

1. Press Windows Key + R.

2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.

3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.

4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save

5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “code” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.

It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456). Also include the game error logs.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve posted a couple other times and I’ve tried everything that has been suggested. Today I updated my AMD chipset drivers and RealTek Audio Drivers using the MSI Live Update software. My BIOS and video drivers are also up to date as far as I can tell. After installing the drivers today, I reset my in-game options using the Bnet app and opened the game in 64 bit mode. After a minute, I got another unexpected error.

1. Here is my error code: 2B0437FF-80AE-45E1-96BB-0671633717FA.
  2. This is my DxDiag: pastebin (dot) com/H0NuCv0X and
  3. this is my game error log: pastebin (dot) com/hLmM7knJ.

To reiterate from my other posts, this is a new computer that I built recently and the issues (bugsplats) have been happening in only Bnet games. Of mention is the 50+ hours of AC Odyssey I have played with no issues whatsoever. Not sure if that’s relevant. I have also scanned my RAM twice using default settings of MemTest86 (4 passes each time) and found no errors. I’ve clean installed Windows twice and all drivers seem to be up to date and I’ve reinstalled them all several times. Sorry if this post is a little all over the place, but I’ve tried everything I can find online and what other customer support reps have suggested with no improvements. Sometimes I crash after a minute, sometimes after an hour. It doesn’t seem to be connected to anything tangible in game; sometimes I’ll be mid-rift and sometimes I’ll be AFK in town. I hope you can shed some light on what might be causing the issue in Blizzard games.

Hey river,

It looks like you are getting an Access Violation (C0000005) error. These errors are often caused by security software that is blocking the game from working correctly. Have you tried these steps yet?

HI Zenlaka,

I have tried the steps you suggested, including verifying that drivers and OS are up to date, reinstalling the game, resetting my firewall settings and allowing the program through again, scanning and optimizing my C: drive, and uninstalling Malwarebytes. I launched the game again this morning and it drew an unexpected error within a few minutes. Here’s the code I got: 18FF2353-8F98-4232-8D08-B3454BDA1140.

Here’s another DxDiag: pastebin (dot) com/pGZ3fiMr
Here’s the error log: pastebin (dot) com/1E56GgDn

Looks like another access violation? Interestingly, the crash this morning wasn’t the WER0 in the dxdiag–nothing new was generated in that section from the crash this morning. The WER0 and WER1 were from crashes the other day. I know because I’ve been saving a DxDiag every time it has drawn an error… I have 21 on my desktop right now, and 20 and 21’s error reporting sections are identical.

EDIT 4/19/2020

Okay, so I waited a few days to verify that I had found a solution… They key was rolling back my BIOS to an earlier version. I’ve had no errors for about a week now with nothing changed from “default” settings. The BIOS version that has been stable was put out in Sept. 2019. Good luck to anyone else experiencing this issue–it seems to be tied to BIOS version, Blizzard games, and the Ryzen 3600X. Hope there’s a fix soon so that I can take advantage of the later BIOS versions’ improvements.