R.I.P diablo 3 23/9/2021

soon we will have the death of d3. I’m so hyped for D2R. baal i’m a coming for you

40 Likes

There never was a Diablo 3.

53 Likes

I’m so hyped for Diablo II: Resurrected, It’s going to be the best game this year!
Game Award 2021 ﹖

6 Likes

No Game Award. They only know 5 games and 4 of them are Sony exclusives.

2 Likes

Hehe we’ll see :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah i think it will be death of d3 but honestly, there is plenty of people who will be shocked how hard D2 is and it will be too much for them.

22 Likes

I guess some people will complain because It’s too hard for them to play and want it Diablo III easy mode options for Diablo II Resurrected.

Or. . .
They would just quit the game.

6 Likes

Just because there is a Female playable character that looks like a man doesn’t make it Game award worthy…oh wait.

(Its a joke, because its 2021, even obvious joke need clarification)

15 Likes

I do not quite like what Amazon looks like today.

But I also wish it could have made Paladin less black and more dark brown.

Other than that, the game works very well.

I highly doubt that D2R will be the “death” of D3. I guess I need to query what you mean by “death”? Do you mean a 90% reduction relative to the current number of players? If so, I will steal Mark Twain’s quote :smile_cat:

D3 - “The reports of my death was an exaggeration.”

Will it reduce the current number of D3 players? Most likely yes. When the time comes, I will note how many D3 players there are at the start of Season 24 (pre-D2R) and Season 25 (post D2R) to get a rough idea. I would be surprised if the numbers change more than 60%. The people currently playing D3 are playing it now, even though D2 still exists.

Do you know what I think will “die” with >90% reduction in players when D2R is released? Battlenet 1.0 D2.

16 Likes

I loled so loud at this. The thing is I’m out side my sons nursery.

2 Likes

If we’re being honest, D3 died a long time ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Does anyone know what percentage of players remained playing D2 in 2009 versus D3 in 2021 (where each game was out 9 years or so)? Both games had a steep falloff of active players during their first 9 years of existence. I do not know which was more steep. Moreover, there is more competition for entertainment now than in the early 2000s and more accessibility to PCs and gaming platforms.

2 Likes

I’m just teasing. I just didn’t enjoy D3 much. Tried to get into it many times over the years, but it didn’t compare to D2 imo. :stuck_out_tongue: Both games did have a big drop in player base though. D3 was also on more platforms too.

2 Likes

Diablo III Player base count -> https://playercounter.com/diablo-3/
Not so many players who playing It.

If you look at the long term, the chance of Diablo II surviving is much greater than Diablo III.

1 Like

D3 will be fine.

The game releases new content every 3 months, with people jumping in and out as they see fit. There’s always games when I play, I don’t see that changing when d2r releases.

Ethereal items in d3 will likely keep some interest for s24.

The games have some crossover players that will play both, but each have things about them that are appealing to different types of players. D2r won’t be any kind of death for d3, just as I doubt d4 will kill d2r, though undoubtedly both releases will impact the player bases of d2 and d3, respectively.

1 Like

Try when the next season starts.

Yeah with modern arpg schedule, the first few weeks is when majority of people will tinker around. I play D3/PoE for a few weeks sometimes, then I quickly get bored and leave my chars in the abyss. It’s just how the games are played now. I think it kind of a shame, but that’s how they’re designed these days.

There’re the odd players that will sit for 5 years straight trying to add paragon legit without bots, but mostly the 3 month schedule creates a system where playing 3 months straight just isn’t done. A month or two, tinker around with new seasonal buffs and lot of players are done til next season. Meh.

IMO D3 was better before Loot 2.0/RoS came out. It was hard, it made you have to think how to defeat enemies, studying their movements, dodging their attacks etc. Now it’s just jump in the game, get to 70, get your first set, and the rest of the game you’re spin killing everything, or CCing monsters into a line to blast them.

Then there’s the freezing bug that turns the game from ‘hack and slash’ into a ‘lag and freeze’. :roll_eyes:

D3 is it’s own kind of ‘fun’.

4 Likes

Completely agree. Loot 2.0 is when the game went downhill for me.

2 Likes