Returning player - Need information

Haven’t played in about 2 years or so, maybe more. I noticed, there’s about 2-3 people playing any difficulty I have the option of joining; most are actually 0 playing. I have three level 70 characters, about lvl 200 paragon. Is this game dead? Is no one playing it anymore? I saw a few topics saying “Everyone is playing torment 16” but when I try to select torment 16 it says I need to complete a greater rift. I have no idea how to do that. Is anyone actually playing torment 16 either? I can’t even select it as it’s greyed out so I can’t tell. I really don’t want to play this game and get back into it if it’s just single player. A few other people said “You can go from lvl 1 - torment 16 in a day” but no explanation given. So…dead game? Or no? I just want to be able to play with other people. Is this possible? I find it hard to believe people are still playing abominable turds like WoW by the thousands but there’s only 5 people playing this, especially looking at forum activity. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

The count may not be correct. Just try.

The requirement of joining a public game has been changed to the current one. It is to prevent leecher. The requirement is to ensure your hero can contribute to the group. Your hero need to complete the required GR level SOLO at least once before. It is a per-hero requirement.

It is possible, if someone power level you.
Or, in season, with the free set and few support legendary items.

So, that means most players are now at T16, you may not find other players in other difficulty levels.

1 Like

Game isn’t dead, but the player pool is diluted. There are four major game modes: Season and non-season, each of those divided into normal and hardcore. And each of those modes are further divided by the 20 or so difficulty levels. Plus, a lot of players are in clans or communities and don’t play public games.

Private games have no GR requirements, only public games. It might be worthwhile to join an active clan.

1 Like

As stated, to join a public game you need to solo a greater rift equal to that difficulty level. This requirement is for T7 and higher.
T7 <-> GR30
T8 <-> GR35

T16 <-> GR75

Before you can do that you need to improve your character and play solo until you can handle said difficulties.

The thing is, D3 has been suffering from some bugs lately and may display incorrect amount of public games.

You mean like help for new or returning players…

Thanks for the info and tips, I appreciate it. Looks like I have to figure out how to do some greater rifts and unlock T16.

Run Nephalem Rifts to collect Greater Rift Keystones. Use the Greater Rift Keystones to access Greater Rifts.

You must be Character Level 70 to enter Greater Rifts. This should not be a problem since your Characters are Level 70 (200).

Note: Once you can access Greater Rifts, you can use the drop-down menu to select which Greater Rift Level you wish to run.

Greater Rift Levels are limited by the highest GRift you previously ran or the highest Game Difficulty you completed a Nephalem Rift on.

Good luck and good hunting. :bow_and_arrow:

1 Like

And when you pick a build and need the required gear, here is my guide. Happy hunting

My crusader currently has damage 1,063,000. How good or bad is this by current standards?

It is not about your sheet DMG. The sheet DMG does not include alot of important values.

Does not include set bonuses, legendary affix, CDR, RCR, nor Elemental DMG.

Builds that farm T16, or push beyond that in GR are using skill and gear synergy. This is why I recommend starting by following a known build. I personally like icyviens, and diablofans is also a great site to visit.

Happy hunting.

1 Like

Erm, this is my Blessed Hammer Crusader…

…but my Invoker, with around 300K damage can push higher because her damage is based on her Thorns, not her weapon damage. As Storytime mentions, there’s a lot of stuff that isn’t included in your sheet damage. Go by what content you can clear, rather than what your sheet says.

1 Like