Returning player from Diablo 3

I am a retuning payer from Diablo 3 only after ever finishing the main campaign without buying DLC.

Recently I went back into it and bought RoS DLC but I am no sure what to do after I complete the Act V and hit 70

I have one level 52 Monk.

What are my next steps? What are sets and season? I am confused.

After you finish the campaign Adventure mode is opened up for you. That is where the fun starts. In it you can do bounties for special materials that can be used for various functions in the Kanais Cube - a special item only available in adventure. It is used for many things, more than I can type here. Google D3 Kanai Cube and do some reading on it and watch some Youtube videos. It is really a game changer.
You will also be doing Nephalim Rifts and Greater Rifts. These are special ‘instances’, self contained maps that you run for loot and experience. You run the Nephalim Rifts to get Keystones that open the Greater Rifts. Higher level rifts give more loot and XP. You will also start earning paragon points that you can assign to different skills.

It may seem a bit confusing but not too difficult to get the hang of.

If you want I’ll sent a friends request and walk you through some of it. It’s sometime easier and better to show new players in game than thru messages in a forum board.

edit: Your profile only shows a lvl 7 monk?

4 Likes

Just to add, keystone drops after lv70.
As you haven’t reach lv 70, you can run some bounties and fetch Kanai’s cube.

Bounty cache will drop crafting plans. Some of them are very useful.

Many items drop after lv 60 and 70. So, a lot of grinding for you.

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks for the tips.

I would love to add you as a friend but I am in the Auz timezone so our time may differ.

That’s odd I have one level 7 wizard. My monk is certainly level 52

Your web Profile says you last played your Monk on Sunday, November 15, 2020 at 7:16 AM PST. Try starting a game. You don’t have to play if you don’t want to. Just show up in town. This should refresh your Character and update your Profile. (While you’re in-game, check that your Character still says “Level 52”).

Which one? I can find 7 time zones for Australia.

Your level 53 Monk is on the Asia server region…

When you view your profile from the US forums, it’ll show you your US server region heroes, which is why you’ll see a level 7 Monk…

2 Likes

That’s strange. When I checked for their Profile on Europe and Asia Regions earlier there was none. Only the Americas Region.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.  

Okay I’ll play it later but I logged in once yesterday as well.

I am from Malaysia and my time zone is GMT +8

That’s okay. As Meteorblade said: You have your Level 53 Monk on the Asia Region and your Level 7 Monk is on the Americas Region.

I only asked in case you found someone to group up with, you could coordinate times.

Malaysia Time Zone would be MST, which is the same as Australia Time Zone AWST.

So, if someone wanted to join you when Season 22 starts and the Season starts Friday, November 20, 2020 at 5:00 PM CET, these are the equivalent times:

Brussels, Belgium Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 5:00 pm CET
Malaysia Time Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 12:00 midn MYT
Seoul, South Korea Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:00 am KST
Irvine, USA Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 8:00 am PST

A nice time converter that Blizzard has recommended in the past is very helpful if you need it.

I recommend to use the countdowns on this webpage if you have difficulty of converting time zones:

https://d3resource.com/journey/

Console players should use Countdown NA.

Irvine, USA Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 5:00 pm PST
Malaysia Time Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:00 am MYT
Brussels, Belgium Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:00 am CET
Seoul, South Korea Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:00 am KST

Join a clan. Try “English Gentleman” in Asia server. Got a few quite a few Malaysian & Singaporean there. People in this clan speak English.

If not go to US server. Most players in US server speak English. You get more help here.