Resurrected "expansions"

Some ideas for additional expansions for the re-master should include any potential content planned for the original games but may have never been released due to time/tech limitations. In example: their plan to have guilds/clans or a “homestead”

I am hoping the new game launches with a new expansion as a surprise.

My dream wish would be D1 Remastered included, along with new character classes (all of the classes from all the games would be amazing. There is enough room around the new campfire for more…), a new Act or 2, new monsters (hopefully Treasure Goblins can make a comeback), new items, and most importantly, a toggle, so people who want to play D2 Classic, D2 LoD or D2 Expanded can pick which version they prefer. I know I would at least prefer some “Endless Dungeon” mode so we aren’t having to farm certain areas forever for certain things.

The biggest takeaway: Give us more than we expect. Don’t “change” the gameplay, but adding more is not a bad thing at all, and would be most welcome, and quality of life like larger stash/shared stash is definitely a good thing (hell, make that togglable too, for those that are purists).

This is my prediction for D2R. They have a “remastering/remake” team working on it and not a D2R dedicated team. To me, this means after D2R release, there isn’t going to be additional content than what we’ve already seen in D2 and D2 LoD. The team is going to go and work on the next classic project.

Since the game will be released this year, they are probably focusing on polishing what’s already done and perhaps adding in some QoL changes. I don’t see anything major being done and I doubt they had time or was part of their project scope to include additional content.

They did mention limited mod support so they will most likely leave the extra content to the modding scene.

Well, I read that the original diablo team had plans for an expansion, which includes:

• act 6 (I saw some art which supposed to be some places in heaven…)

• two new classes, one was cleric

• Guilds

Also, some people said that the original plan for act 4 had 6 quests and not 3 …

I really want to see all of these things (and more) in a form of expansion!

act 6 (I saw some art which supposed to be some places in heaven…)

Are you thinking of early leaks of Diablo 3 builds? There were some that were posted and talked about in Escapist Magazine. Look up ‘Diablo III looked heavenly in 2005’

If that is it, it was from some very early Diablo 3 builds, I think it was from even before the Blizzard North team was disbanded. It leads me to believe that the early story and plot were at least roughly the same from early stages, since we did travel to a similar location in Diablo 3 near the end.

Yes! I read somewhere that those early diablo 3 leaks where supposed to be a diablo 2 expansion and then something happened… and the team abandoned the expansion plans to focus on diablo 3… but even if it is not true, it doesn’t matter, in my opinion one more act in a game that I enjoy, is most welcome!!