Rerolling my Squirts

Trying to improve my UEMS build. I’ve been wearing a primal Mara’s Kalaidescope amulet. I know the preferred build choice is a Squirt’s Necklace, but I haven’t seen a useful one drop. I recently did a pile of split bounties and started reforging a couple of squirts. When I was nearly out of mats, I got this:

Ancient
dex: 895
chd: 99
chc: 9.5
lph: (I forget)

I tried rerolling the lph to get a socket. After several fails, I got +20% fire damage. So this got me to thinking. My Bane of the Stricken is nice against guardians, but not all that much else. But +20% fire is all the time. I’m tempted to just shelve the Bane of the Stricken. Is this really that bad an idea?

Yes.

If you don’t find value in Stricken, there are other gem choices that would be straight up better than 20% fire damage.

Molten Wildebeest’s Gizzard would be my first choice. Once you get it up to a decent level (100+) it gives a sizable shield that will help you maintain your Squirt’s buff.

There’s also Bane of the Powerful, which gives a 20% damage bonus to everything (after you’ve killed an elite) and 15% damage to elites on top of that. Along with some damage reduction from elites.

Or even Gogok of Swiftness. Gives some CDR, attack speed, and dodge chance.

I’d prefer any of those gems in a dex/chc/chd/socket amulet vs. no gem in a fire/dex/chc/chd unsocketed amulet.

1 Like

Thanks. Ok, I’ll roll a socket. Molten Wildebeets’s Gizzard sounds like good choice. In some layouts (open fields), I can keep up the squirt buff, but there are too many layouts like Corvus where it’s really tough to avoid damage that’s behind that closed door.