Requiem Cereplate effect not working in GRifts- PS4

Ignore this post. I didn’t realize the effect won’t work for health globes and Reapers Wraps. I could have sworn it was in regular rifts, but it’s not.

I am playing a Legacy of Dreams - Skeletal Mage/Singularity Necromancer build on PS4. (Basically the same one found on Icy Veins.) I’m also using a modified version of it for farming bounties and regular rifts.

The issue is that the Requiem Cereplate Devour ability to grant the excess essence over three seconds seems to be working fine until I enter a Greater Rift. (I can’t test the additional % part of the effect, but my gauge does seem to fill less per corpse in grifts.) I have tested it using different skill runes and it didn’t help. What I would do is let all my mages expire after completing a grift and make sure to consume all corpses, leaving a bunch of health globes behind. Then, having full essence, I would grab a few globes and immediately summon a mage. Outside of grifts, the extra essence from those globes shows up on my gauge. In Greater Rifts, nothing…

I know this is a popular build and I didn’t see any other reports of this. I can’t imagine I would be the only one to notice it if this is a bug. Is there something possibly wrong with my version?

Thanks in advance for any help.