Request for Hydra support

Please remove this topic.

5 Likes

My ideas from the previous forums
Serpent Sparker: An extra Hydra can now be summoned, Hydras deal xxx% more damage and attack xx% faster.

The Magistrate: Hydras periodically release a nova (frost nova for ice)or explosion (explosive blast for the other elements) and deal xxx% more damage. Enemies hit by nova or explosion take xx% more damage from caster and hydras.

New item (prob shoulders): Having a Hydra active reduces your damage taken by xx% (prob 20-30%) and increase your arcane regeneration by xx%.

Having poison hydras return though would be awesome to say the least.

I really like your idea on the magistrate. Players could still pick their element and get a boost.

The pants are inspired. I wished for this.

+1

Sadly, it is unlikely new legendaries will be added. So whatever we’d have, it would be limited to the Magistrate and Serpent’s Sparker. I’d hope they do 500% damage on Serpent’s Sparker and +1 Hydra and Magistrate some kind of affix. I wouldn’t be to optimistic on the complexity of said affix. Honestly, I’d be happy if Hydra casted Arcane Orb when you do, if they would give us that.

Whatever it did would have to rival Deathwish, or we’d all just use that and Sparker. There is also the question of which set we’d initially pair it with.

The PTR will tell the story if they listened or not. Hydra and Blizzard had by far the most votes for change. We will see if they are listening or not very soon.

I’m not sure if I’m expecting any wizard changes really next patch. In 2.6.5 they really only did one item/build for each class, and a couple classes didn’t even get touched. We got the Chantodo’s buff. They’ll likely focus more on other classes that are underperforming. Looks pointedly at barb

Maybe the patch after that? I dunno, some time in 2023?

1 Like

Well, hopefully they do Hydra then if they only do one build. It honestly wouldn’t take much to tack on a 500% (or whatever, but I think we need a significant number) hydra buff and one more hydra. Honestly, this is the work of a moment. The Magistrate would take longer.

See, I get Barbs are performing badly on DPS. They definitely deserve a DPS buff, but they have a meta spot on lockdown in both Rats and Progression. That’s more than almost half the classes. I want to see WD/Crusader/and DH buffs more.

I wonder what GR a 500% +1 Hydra buff to Serpent Sparker would put us at. We'd likely combine it with LoN (Tals, however, initially?) but this math is WAY beyond me.

When was the last time Hydra was ever usable?
was it 3 years ago?
too bad, it was nerfed.

It was when the Manald Heal synergy with Lightning Hydra and Paralysis was a thing, however, that worked only with Lightning Hydra and not the other runes.

3 Likes

It also “shut off” proccing of paralysis from other lightning skills while Hydra was active, and Manald itself is very weak relative to today.