Replace TNT with Echoing Fury?

As TinneOnnMuin pointed out to me I can use Echoing Fury to increase the Attack Speed of my hydras. It almost instantly gives me 5 stacks which I think gives me 75% IAS. Since Tasker and Theo only gives a 50% IAS boost in the cube is it more effective to use EF than TNT? What am I missing? I am currently using both on my Typhon, but it leaves me a little squishy.

Tasker’s is always active. Echoing Fury requires kills, so won’t always be up. Tasker’s will be significantly better vs. single target RGs in higher GRs, as one example.

Also, Tasker’s is it’s own attack speed multiplier while Echoing Fury is additive with other sources of IAS. Echoing Fury at 5 stacks still tends to be more effective IAS for your hydras, but the IAS difference between Tasker’s and 5 stack Echoing Fury is smaller than the 50 vs. 75 might suggest.

When I am running a rift the stacks almost always stay at 5 unless I hit a low density area and fail to kill anything for 6 seconds. It does disappear on the RG since they take most of the six seconds just to appear and then take even longer to kill. I will probably continue to use it for T16 rifts, but almost any gear works for those rifts.

What I’ve done now since even before hydra set is use EF for speeds and Taskers for push. Obviously with 4th cube you can use both for speeds and Deathwish + Taskers for push but for NS and future seasons I’d try that.

1 Like