Rend Wastes Barbarian BiS (gear check)

WW rune needs to be windshear. Stomp and hit wrath right before you go into enemies then hit battle rage after your ww is up.

Windshear rune is already selected.
I will try what you suggested, thanks.

Another thing, can you suggest what stats should I reroll to ancients/primal items that I haven’t already rerolled?

Literally everything you ever wanted to know about this build, runes, abilities, gearing, stat priority, affixes, passives, weapon choices, and a whole lot more can be found in the stickied guide at the top of the forum…

As for providing links…

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… http://www.ThisIsAnExample.com/HowToMakeLinks.htm

If you’re using the Istvan’s swords for pushing, but have a pair of BK mighty weapons still available, there’s also a good tip for starting a GR. Equip your BKs, with the Istvan’s in your Inventory. Go to the Obelisk in town, and select the level of GR you want to run. Your fury will be at max level due to having the BKs equipped. Quickly swap to the Istvan’s, then open the GR. You’ll start the GR with full fury so that you can immediately get Wrath of the Berserker and Battle Rage up, followed by a Stomp to get your protection from Band of Might active, all before you even hit a mob.

2 Likes

Thank goodness there’s a handy search feature then :blush:

1 Like

I just found that hilarious. Laugh out loud funny. Sorry.

1 Like

Or you can narrow your search significantly by checking the ‘Search this topic’ button when doing a search within the Rend Guide? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

My video Rend 132 gr - Diablo III Rend barbarian 132 GR (Patch 2.6.10) - YouTube

1 Like

Or you could allow this to be… A forum.

It is. Directing someone to use the search function and defer to sticky threads doesn’t take away from that one bit. In fact, it aligns with the CoC.

Morgan is right.

As Shadowdragon pointed out, not everyone knows the search function or can find specific what they search. For a forum like this, where you don’t even got a post every day, there is nothing wrong asking for help instead of being met with “buuh, go search”.

1 Like

That’s a non argument. You could just as well say, “There’s nothing wrong with pointing someone to the search function/stickied guides.” And the stickies are the first thing most folk see when they open the Barb forum. Sure, there’s nothing wrong with making a new thread and asking for help, but there’s also nothing wrong with directing those new posters to basic forum features.

1 Like

Do enlighten me what a forum is and where in the rules states, that someone is not allowed to ask questions?
There is a difference in telling people “go use the search function!” and to link to it, providing help. We have discussed this on the old forum and I won’t go further with this.
Since this forum has very little activity compared to before, when more played, there is nothing wrong asking as Op did.
This is something you do quite often here, on this section. Telling people go read somewhere. I could understand the dictation, if it was cluttered with a lot of daily posts, but it isn’t the case.
Let people ask, refer to a post if needed. Otherwise help and debate.

1 Like

Nowhere does it say that asking questions is not allowed. However, you’ll also find stickied threads like… Welcome! Please Read …which says that you should search to see if what you’re about to ask has already been answered.

Search
The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, we recommend using search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the information you seek. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming.

You’ll notice that in my initial response, I provided a link to the guide, instructions for how to post links into the forums, and a tip about starting GRs with full fury, which is important for WW/Rend so you start with mitigation and buffs.

Is this considered unhelpful?

2 Likes

Yeah, well, as Meteor, Morgan, and I pointed out, there’s nothing wrong with either approach, and using the search function/stickies is encouraged in the CoC. It’s not about whether someone is or is not allowed to ask. You seem to have a problem with folks directing others to the search/stickies for answers to obvious questions when, you know, you shouldn’t. :man_shrugging:

I think that this implies that the information about Season 22 BiS and gear rolls is easy to find on this forum. I was expecting someone to have already linked the relevant forum post(s) that describe the BiS gear/roll choices for ww/rend that are specific to Season 22. I am pretty well-versed in finding information on the diablo 3 forums but I admit that I have struggled to find this information specifically.

Someone please feel free to link posts that they were able to find to address Season 22 BiS/rolls for ww/rend. Since the PTR started on October 1, 2020, I assume that the relevant post(s) were either created or edited after that date.

Non-season is easy. Season 20 is easy. Season 22 is more difficult. I found a post from Chris where he talks about the “top 3” season 22 ww/rend builds but it turns out the merits/relative strength is subject to later debate.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/guide-zodiac-rend-season-20/79/2346

There is:
Diablo 3 Season 22 Waste WW Rend Barbarian Guide - Maxroll.gg

My response was more in the spirit of making searches easier to navigate. If you have a general idea of where you might find the information you’re looking for, you can save yourself a bit of time by searching the topic directly, rather than potentially wading through dozens of unrelated posts. If the information about what to put in my Rend build’s fourth cube slot is likely to be anywhere in the forum, it’d probably be in the big Rend guide. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough, but I hope that makes sense :blush:

Assuming I haven’t made a muddle of the links (do I ever wish I was at my PC right now!) I managed to find a few different posts from a few different people talking about possible fourth cube slot items, searching within the Rend guide using the terms ‘fourth cube’, ‘fourth slot’, and ‘season 22’. Some of them have to be read in context of prior/subsequent messages though. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Okay, that was a bit different intake than I first got. I saw this a lot on the old forum and on this one as well. People should read pages upon pages from a sticky thread to get their replies?
Rather than people making a post. I could see the problem, if there were made several posts each day. But one asking for help? Seems a bit odd to just type “go use the search function!”.

1 Like

The simplest solution is what I’ve always encouraged: Just make a post in the stickied guide that pertains to your build. That’s it. It’s pretty simple. And the OP of most guides will answer 99% of a poster’s questions if they take the time to read it.

Ill solve all the problems for you. Gear rolls have not changed. The same BIS rolls are still intact as before. FnR or crimson the same cooldown is either wanted or needed. There is a reason the guide has not been updated. Nothing has changed!!! I have even gone over gearing options in the thread that are for season 22.

1 Like

Oh no!!! There’s two of us loitering in the Barb forums :rofl:

2 Likes