Rend (Mutilate) Question

So I hadn’t actually thought about it until just now, but I’ve been running my WW Barb differently from most (as I usually do with these “meta builds” :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’ve got Frostburns on because I want to use the cold runes for both WW and Rend and the gloves give a pretty significant benefit. However, the wording on Mutilate says affected enemies take 10% extra damage from all sources.

But Ambo’s Pride basically detonates the Rend on hit, so is that nullifying the rune, or is it still lasting for the duration of the chill?

It is still active for 1 second, so you do get the benefit. At 1 attack per second Whirlwind hits 3 times so there’s plenty of applications. It’s just that a 10% increase in dibs is very small. This is the same category as Teaguk is in so in the end the increase is very limited to what damage your Rends end up doing.

Great for speed runs, though. Wouldn’t use for GRs over about 130.

Proof/Source ? Sorry if I don’t just automatically take forum posts at face value, the wording on the rune is such that it sounds like it’s over the duration of the effect so if the effect gets truncated…

Similarly, what about the Bloodshed rune? Do you get the full 0.5% max life x15 or just 0.5% ?

You can test it in game

Pew pew shots fired.

Hi, I used those runes as well. It worked fine up to GR 90-100. After that it was near impossible, I tried the lightning runes on both and was able to manage up to 110 that is were I have my upper limit atm. Good gear but still learning…