Remove Cow King death penalty

Nvm I read that wrong…I’m ready for bed.

im definitely being sincere… and maybe I am a purist… hell i probably am.

I just want the experience of the D2 release again, with the large populations and the full games… coupled with the decades of d2 sysem experience where we all know the proper way to accomplish what we’re setting out to accomplish.

it’ll be like old meets new, sounds like a lot of fun.

less gold is seriously not an issue… if you vendor every mf’d item you dont want you’ll be droping 2-300k on the ground in each game after like an couple of hours.

potentially it could… and that would be a big concern. Maximum teleport distance needs to remain the same as it always has been, because if not it’s not the same game.

As a PvPer, this is important, but I think we’ll both be let down in the end. Spamming Blizzard from 3 screens away is a terrible idea too.

I am totally against this whole…

Wait, what? Moo moo?

Moo moo mooOooOoo mo mo moo. Moo! moo moo moo?

Ooh ok, disregard, totally in support of this.

7 Likes

I’m very for this. It was a mechanic that players abuse already and there is always that one guy who kills the king and ruins it for the other 7.

6 Likes

quality of life* but yes it def is, i mean - this is a good change similar to accessing previous completed difficulties games menu

3 Likes

S
Su
Sup
Supp
Suppo
Suppor
Support
Support T
Support Thi
Support This
Support Thi
Support Th
Support T
Support
Suppor
Suppo
Supp
Sup
Su
S

1 Like

Great idea! All for it.

2 Likes

Didn’t take too long before we found a purists playing the “its what made D2 great” purist logic card.

As someone who wants it to stay mostly D2 classic like, this is ONE change i would like be fixed as its a complete annoyance that other people kill the king and you get prevented from opening the portal again.

Even if it was (ONLY IF YOU DID ANY DAMAGE) that you would be added to the prevent list is fine as that will keep the set more limited yet not penalize the others in the game (and if you are already flagged as killing him, joining others games only makes the king drop standard cow loot instead of his specific loot)

Would also prefer if the nilathak portal would stay open too even if you kill him and have the WP.

3 Likes

I wish the devs would comment on this. This change is needed IMO.

oh god i miss the cow running days :smiley: it was a ton of fun :smiley:

3 Likes

i plan to make a javazon early specifically for that reason. i hope i wont have to worry about killing the king. if i have to though, i just wont be using that toon in pubs.

This actually sounds like a really good idea. Some classes have crazy aoe damage and sometimes people don’t pay attention. Removing this penalty will insure that everybody can do the cow levels for as long as they want without worrying about killing the king.

5 Likes

This is a very good idea! Developers please implement :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Or just make the Cow king look so different from the other cows please.

The Cow King doesn’t look very different when he’s in a small group of cows near the pens.

And it would be cool to punish the player that kills the Cow King, not the one that starts the Cows portal.

However, I know this is so unlikely to change.

1 Like

When a player kills the cow king every cow in moo moo farm should be promoted to minion / champion / unique and target that player. The red portal along with any other town portal should disappear. Any player in moo moo farm should then have their TP privileges revoked and will not be able to Save & Exit the game until every single Hell Bovine is killed or their character is slain and an additional 5 minute period has passed. Players who damaged the cow king will have their looting status allowed to every other player in moo moo farm.

1 Like