Remnant of Pain: which trade-off should I make?

Hi,

I’m playing Akkhan Bomb with 2300+ parangon.

I’ve upgraded dozens of Remants of Pain but I can’t seem to get a perfectly rolled one for solo pushing.

So far, I’ve been playing with one that’s rolled perfectly… except that it has « Gain passability while your movement speed bonus bla bla bla » instead of « When you critically hit an enemy, you increase the AS of all players by 5% for 5 seconds. Max 10 stacks. » I was able to clear gr 147 with this one.

I have another one which is perfectly rolled with better stats… except that there is no additionnal Physical % damage, but additionnal Arcane % damage instead. (I just did a couple of runs with it.)

Should I keep the 1rst one or should I go for the 2nd one ?

In other terms, is « Physical skills deal 22% more damage » (in my case) better than « When you critically hit an enemy, you increase the AS of all players by 5% for 5 seconds. Max 10 stacks » ?

And to better understand, what is the use of the line « When you critically hit an enemy, you increase the AS of all players by 5% for 5 seconds. Max 10 stacks » : building Invoker stacks faster, and moving faster?

Thanks for your perspectives!

Long story short you want one with physical & the attack speed stacks. It helps a lot on the boss fight. The freeze one is ok, so is the movement one but the boss fight usually sucks.

1 Like

Remnant of Pain? That’s so 2021.

1 Like

@Apache222: Oh, stacking stricken during the boss fights ofc - great point indeed! Well, I guess I know what I’ve got to do if I want to have a chance to make my first 150 solo, now! Thanks for the explanation!

@dmkt: Very 2021 indeed! I suppose you can put my question on the account of my usual RNJ ^^ But don’t worry, I’ll probably soon have questions for you about the new Invoker! :wink:

We have some interesting discussion going on in this thread:

With a potentially unexpected meta variant for Invoker.

1 Like