Recent Barb Test result/ discuss (2.6.7 ambo test result updated)

Will also add more ptr tests result.

Weapon Master (Main-hand Mighty Weapon) :

Fury generation = Floor ( #mob hit by current skill * proc coefficient * 2 ). (by yuyewutong 2019)

Bane of stricken:

ICD = 0.9 / APS / (skill multiplier) / (1 + movement speed %) * 60 F; (yuangutiankeng 2017)

Special (which means not = 1) skill multiplier
WW: = 4;
Furious Charge: 2;
(One can find these in the database of d3planner).

For WWs boss fight, one has to activate speed pylon as early as possible. (Too many details here)

More remarks:

For Pro-Slam: now we should main-hand Fjord Cutter. Yeah!!!
For LoN - HotA: this is the reason why top player main-hand mighty weapon.

---------2.6.7 (We love Ambo Test)-----
The mechanics (tested by yuyewutong) of ambo is the following.

1. it has a radius (close to the radius of WW (no rune)). There some modification on the WW radius in dataming.
  2. The mob inside the radius hit by either WW or nado will proc Ambo effect.
  3. Ambo rend proc cool down (To be tested…)
  4. Ambo rend has no proc coefficient. (any skills with 0 proc coefficient will not proc AD), that’s the reason why ambo can’t proc AD. (I guess this is intended. 15 / 5 / radius quotient.)
  5. Ambo-Rend: Two - hands alternatively. (by yuyewutong)
  6. Rend-Cold (by Liu): 10% dmg buff is an independent multiplier.

Some remarks:

1. AD is around 5* multiplier, WWs nados has much larger attacking area than ambo-rend. These two things limit the end-game performance of ambo-rend.
  2. Based on ambo’s mechanic, now blood-bath, lightning, cold rune are all competitive choices.
2 Likes

Dont have any stats or numbers right now. But i just did a 120 with 1200 paragon, almost no augments and without any special gear.

Which build? IK HotA?

Whirlwind Rend. Wastes5, Crimson2 with RORG, Bulkathos, BoM, Zodiac. Ambos, lamentation cubed.

Wow! Did you die alot? Assuming you had Morticks. Did you use IP? Any defense passives?

I would have guessed the loss of MoC would have a bigger impact on toughness.

Sorry misinformation, i used BoM not CoE.

No skull grasp? I would have never guessed that would be optional.

Rend dps is around 15 WWs now.

That sounds stronger than Chantodos , which was just nerfed.

Gonna laugh out loud if 4x barb speed runs are a thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Just saw an interesting setup on the leaderboard. Lightning WW for fury, using IB, rend lacerate for damage on skill bar. Seems like it’ll be slower but harder hitting.

1 Like

Not assigned para? There is no Para 1200 (or even close to that) at GR 120

just cleared 125 with ww. crimson set and no skull grasp.

Carry on guys. Clap clap… You ll mess up the PTR. Like plowing 125 kind of a mess up…

4 Likes

Seems IK HoTA did make my unbeatable GR a bit easier but it is kind of annoying keeping up frenzy on mobs that don’t die.

Question, why bulkathos over Istvans?

resource regen. There are a few using Istvans but they need to supplement with stomp and using lightning rune on ww.

1.3k Para, 17k STR, cleared 110 @ 7:06 with RG killed in under a minute, WW + Cap Crimson (BK Weps).

Rings: Zodiac, RoRG + BoM
Cube armor: Lamentation instead of Mantle of Channelling
Cube wep: Ambo’s instead of Echoing Fury.

With my current set-up, I’m rocking ruby in armor, instead of diamonds, since with ground stomp, I hit 2bil toughness anyway… Very good damage and super tanky (which I absolutely love).

Definitely feels like I can hit 120 with my current set up, fairly easily…

istvans dont have resource regen problems with lightning WW, if the core damage is now rend, it doesnt matter the WW rune, thats why i dont understand the use of bulkathos over 30 % damage, 30% armor and attack speed istvans buff.

I use furnace GR 110 kill boss 30s. I have 20000 str

If you don’t understand why we run BK then why don’t you go try it and then show us how to get good like you. I mean since I obviously don’t know what I am talking above.